I just had an offer from a Ebay seller for a new Corel SM21 Misticque 1750 1:50 for $150.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294164707845?ul_noapp=true

If I didn't have so much on my plate I would buy it.

I am reasonably sure that the sell would take that from any buyer.

The current price on Modelexpo is $600.

I have no connection to this sale at all.

Russ

Edited by RussR

"Peace is not something you wish for; It's something you make, Something you do, Something you are, And something you give away" by Robert Fulghum

I don't know about a score, I have bought several kits on ebay claiming to be complete and two out of at least 15 have been complete. All the others are missing various items from keel and frames to fittings to plans. If your good at semi-scratch building then most of the time it works out to be a decent deal, but hardly a score. 

Even though an item says " no returns ",  eBay will force the seller to refund if the buyer is unhappy with an item..

This is part of their new guarantee policy..

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
― Jimmy Buffett

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

Of course one has to read all the description and look at all of the pictures and ask questions plus check the sellers feedback score.

If I can see the bulkheads and the keel plus unopened accessories I am good to go.

Like I said, if I didn't have something else going I would have bought it for 25% retail.

I have bought and sold model kits on Ebay and never had a problem.

Edited by RussR

"Peace is not something you wish for; It's something you make, Something you do, Something you are, And something you give away" by Robert Fulghum

I've bought several kits on eBay and pretty much got what i expected for what I paid.

I once bought a kit from someone who was up front about not knowing what should be in the kit.

Once I received it, it turned out to be severely lacking in some respects.  I contacted the seller, and they took my word for the depreciated value and gave me a partial refund with no argument.

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
― Jimmy Buffett

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

7 minutes ago, Gregory said:

I've bought several kits on eBay and pretty much got what i expected for what I paid.

I once bought a kit from someone who was up front about not knowing what should be in the kit.

Once I received it, it turned out to be severely lacking in some respects.  I contacted the seller, and they took my word for the depreciated value and gave me a partial refund with no argument.

I think most people are honest, unfortunately there are some that aren't so.