That's the Occre Portable Workshop Cabinet, correct?  I have the same one.  The only thing I wish it had were handles to carry it.  There's a similar workshop cabinet by Artesania Latina that has cutouts to assist in moving the workshop.  I've thought of adding some type of handles to mine.  I just want to ensure I don't undermine the structural integrity of the cabinet.

I was very impressed with the quality of the Occre Cabinet.  It's very sturdy and everything fits together nicely.  Occre also makes a Drawer Module that compliments the Cabinet.  I haven't purchased it yet, but I probably will.

- Jesse

For me it's helpful.  But I think it depends on each person's situation.  I don't have a dedicated working space.  I end up working on my models in three different spaces.  So, having the ability to move everything at one time is very helpful.  I've tried using toolboxes and craft boxes in the past.  The downside to using them is the 'tear down' and 'set up' each time I want to start modeling.  By that, I mean getting everything out to use for the current modeling session and then putting everything way.  My modeling time is very limited.  The cabinet negates a lot of that 'tear down / set up' time.

However, if I had a permanent desk or workstation, I wouldn't use this cabinet.

On 11/6/2021 at 5:57 PM, Papa said:

Do you find this little hobby desk useful?  It looks cramped to me.  

It is somewhat cramped depending upon where you set it up if I had more of the kitchen table work on it would be pushed back for another 10 inches from my work mat. 

The base size of the portable desk is a little too large to sit on top of a folding tray table or something like that. If I had the space I would move it to where it's at beside me and have the table space open I just don't have that kind of work area unfortunately.  

I could probably tear down the workbench table I have that's currently supporting my scroll saw and use it as my work bench but right now I'm good with what I've got

K. Arnold noobie with a LOT to learn

AL "Scottish Maid" renamed "Lady Gina"complete

AL "Virginia"  renamed "Gina Marie"complete

Al Virginia (second build) complete

Corel "Scotland" in progress
OcCre "Corsair" in progress

On 11/7/2021 at 9:42 AM, Jesse M said:

For me it's helpful.  But I think it depends on each person's situation.  I don't have a dedicated working space.  I end up working on my models in three different spaces.  So, having the ability to move everything at one time is very helpful.  I've tried using toolboxes and craft boxes in the past.  The downside to using them is the 'tear down' and 'set up' each time I want to start modeling.  By that, I mean getting everything out to use for the current modeling session and then putting everything way.  My modeling time is very limited.  The cabinet negates a lot of that 'tear down / set up' time.

However, if I had a permanent desk or workstation, I wouldn't use this cabinet.

If I had a permanent / dedicated hobby desk or room I still might use this as a backup storage where it would sit in the corner of my desk and hold things that I don't need to use on a regular basis which would mostly be the scrap pieces of wood spare cannons and doors and dead eyes and everything else that is left over each time you finish a kit I would start combining all of those items together in the drawers and store them

K. Arnold noobie with a LOT to learn

AL "Scottish Maid" renamed "Lady Gina"complete

AL "Virginia"  renamed "Gina Marie"complete

Al Virginia (second build) complete

Corel "Scotland" in progress
OcCre "Corsair" in progress