Ropes of scale

harlequin

Well I have just taken delivery of a few different sizes of rope from the above mentioned firm and first impressions of it is that it looks superb.....far better than any other product I have used in the past....I live in good old blighty and within four to five days it had winged its way over the atlantic and landed on my doorstep.....awesome product, awesome service.....cheers ropes of scale...

Thank you @harlequin for the friendly review! I do try to make the best looking rope I can.

I am surprised at how fast the package got there, The UK isn't that far I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen these before and the product looks good. There are a number of different colours, including dark brown and black, beige and tan and I wonder which ones did you get and what are you using the different colours for, ie standing and running. Also I noitce they have both rope and cable which is interesting .So which one did you go for as they both look good?. Glad to hear you are happy with them and the price. When clicking on the Quantity box are you ordering in units of 1 meter in which case looks to be very expensive or have I got that wrong .I really wouldn,t know how much to order as I always seem to use a lot more than what is supplied by the kits. I do waste a lot though and need to be a bit more careful with it,Best regards Dave

Edited by DaveBaxt

Completed     St Canute Billings            Dec 2020

Completed    HMS Bounty Amati          May 2021 Finished

Currently building HM Bark Endeavour  

@DaveBaxt The cable laid rope is for large stays and anchor cable so you really don't need more than a meter or two for a kit. The cable is expensive because I have to make three separate ropes first then twist them together. It takes a lot of time and material. As for how much rope to get, I would say get some samples and see how far they go. My cheapest shipping option (untracked airmail) for the UK was about $5 or $6 so getting multiple shipments isn't to panful.  

9 hours ago, BenD said:

@DaveBaxt The cable laid rope is for large stays and anchor cable so you really don't need more than a meter or two for a kit. The cable is expensive because I have to make three separate ropes first then twist them together. It takes a lot of time and material. As for how much rope to get, I would say get some samples and see how far they go. My cheapest shipping option (untracked airmail) for the UK was about $5 or $6 so getting multiple shipments isn't to panful.  

Thank  you for explaining that to me and I appreciate the work you put into it and is a first class job. I don,t mean any disrespect as I am only a beginner and trying to work out how much of the small stuff I would need for a large 1:64  scale 18th century ship . Good luck and best regards Dave

Completed     St Canute Billings            Dec 2020

Completed    HMS Bounty Amati          May 2021 Finished

Currently building HM Bark Endeavour