Proxxon Router Bits

On 1/28/2022 at 9:07 PM, No Idea said:

Hi Dave - I get all of my Castello from Timberline and have found them to be fantastic.  If you give them a call and explain that you are making a model ship, I have found that they will send you the best wood that they can.  They have also custom cut lengths for me at 8mm which they do charge for and I also had to wait.  However it really was worth it.  Having said that I haven't used anyone else in the UK.

I got my order in yesterday from Timberline and I did what you suggested and gave them a call. A few hours later they returned the call and have added in the 8 mm stock and they have posted it all together so hopefully it should be with me in the next few days. So far they have been a very good service. So once again Thank you No Idea. I am sure others too will be thankful for your heads up on this one. Best regards Dave

Edited by DaveBaxt

Completed     St Canute Billings            Dec 2020

Completed    HMS Bounty Amati          May 2021 Finished

Currently building HM Bark Endeavour  

11 hours ago, bruce d said:

Correct. I made mine but they are available on Ebay. 

For clarity, the spacer fits into the bore of the new blade and slides onto the arbour. It doesn't have to be tight, just a good sliding fit to keep the new blade dead centre on the arbour. 

AAH! OK. I also bought an adapter from MicroMark and imported it from the US along with a couple of zero kerf blades. Thanks for the clarification. I hadn't realised that that's what you meant. Interestingly I have hardly had to use them, using the Proxxon blades instead for all but a few jobs.

Tony