RMS Titanic 1912 by Paul Jarman - Amati - 1/250

Posted (edited)

Starting on the Poop deck detailing. Photo etch benches as opposed to the plastic benches supplied with the kit.

They look better with the naked eye. The tablet doesn't get as clear a picture as a good camera would.

They are at least slatted The third picture shows the bottom of the benches. They are slightly larger and will take up more room on the deck,but look so much better.

IMG_20240318_143510_kindlephoto-1490043.jpg

IMG_20240318_142859_kindlephoto-1045101.jpg

IMG_20240318_143737_kindlephoto-1421183.jpg

Edited by Paul Jarman

In work

Amati-rms-titanic-1912-1250

Unfinished kit

Revell Container-ship-colombo-express

Finished

AL -  King of the Mississippi

AL-Sanson

Good morning I was just looking at your fine build and I was just wondering if you can help me out I have the same kit but I have no instructions I just need the part numbers for the forward cargo hatch that's the one that is on bow I would be grateful if you can help me out. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2024 at 8:07 AM, Peterairfix said:

Good morning I was just looking at your fine build and I was just wondering if you can help me out I have the same kit but I have no instructions I just need the part numbers for the forward cargo hatch that's the one that is on bow I would be grateful if you can help me out. 

The part numbers are on plan sheet 4. Along with the building instructions. 

In work

Unfinished kit

Finished

AL-Sanson

I can't believe I have not invested in one of these before. They are so much better then the headband magnifier I have been using. This one is 10x. Can't find one with higher magnification. 

IMG_20240403_134131_kindlephoto-378332.jpg

IMG_20240403_134209_kindlephoto-404176.jpg

In work

Unfinished kit

Finished

AL-Sanson

This is where I have the model sitting when working on the parts that need painting.

Sometimes in this hobby things work out in your favour. I was struggling to open a container with a screw on lid to start painting the ladders,which are a dark brown. Couldn't get the lid to move at all. 

Wether there was a slight build up of fumes in the container or not I don't know. But the lid suddenly without warning burst off. And the paint literally exploded out of the container. I should have taken a picture.

Somehow the paint had splattered all over the windows. And underneath the window sill. The wall and radiator where covered in thick paint.

And somehow as if there was a shield around the model only a few tiny spots hit the ship.Can't explain how the model was not covered in paint. Or what I would have done had it been.

IMG_20240403_134028_kindlephoto-345982.jpg

In work

Unfinished kit

Finished

AL-Sanson

• 3 weeks later...

Not actually Titanic related. Just wanted show my next project when I finish Titanic. Wanted this for ages. Over 900 parts and photo etch to replace all the railings and other bits.maybe before the end of this year I may finish Titanic and start a build log for this. 

I'm working on Titanic's stern at the moment. Most of the  poop deck and we'll deck fittings are painted and ready to install. I have reverted to the plastic benches supplied with the kit. I built 8 of the photo etch benches and they where just to large. once again should have taken a photo to show how They looked.They dominated the deck and the various fittings. They looked so out of scale with everything else on the model. I did try cutting them down but it didn't work. 

I am building the 6 cranes that go on the stern. They are a pain. Gluing the small sides to the crane jibs is a chore.

IMG_20240419_160928_kindlephoto-3418850.jpg

In work

Unfinished kit

Finished

AL-Sanson