Questions Before I Buy My First Ship

All the tools, bits, and pieces Magarkus purchased at the suggestion of the MSW crowd packed up and ready to head for the lookout tower.

image.png.d3fbca740d146921b5954a525793fdfc.png

White glue, like Elmer's will dry clear. Yellow glue, like Titebond will not.

CA glue is handy but a bit messy to use unless you are careful with it.

Don't bother with the thin, long spouts for your CA. Just squirt some on a scrap piece of wood or into a medicine cup and use a toothpick to apply.

Current build: NRG Half Hull

Previous build: MS Bluenose 

'There is a build log on the Woody Joe 'Khufu's Solar Boat' - a model described by the builder as 'easy, but not too easy'.  It is a copy of the actual funeral boat recovered from the base of the Great Pyramid, and the original was re-built and now on display in a museum.  A few simple tools , sandpaper and glue are all that appear to be needed.  There is no mast (or sail), thus no rigging.  But the laser cut parts appear to make a remarkable model of the oldest compete ship in existence.  The planking is done in an innovative fashion, where the ribs are part of the forms and the hull is planked from laser cut sections upside down.  Then the ribs are detached from the forms and the hull comes away.  You have to see the build to appreciate this.

I plan on getting this kit for my stash ... NOTE: the instructions are in Japanese, so a translator app for your phone will be very helpful.  The kit comes from Japan, and the selling company accepts PayPal and is legit.

Edited by Snug Harbor Johnny
typos

Completed builds:  Khufu Solar Barge - 1:72 Woody Joe

Current project(s): Gorch Fock restoration 1:100, Billing Wasa (bust) - 1:100 Billings, Great Harry (bust) 1:88 ex. Sergal 1:65