Homemade tools collection

Gregory I like the way you have developed your tools using simple hand tools to become stationary ones. very clean designs.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Thank you Michael for your kind words. They took allot of my time and afford to build them. Next  project is drum sander and  i must by a small scroll saw. I am newbie to wooden ship building. I was make plastics, but working with wood is something alls, so i start with a kit of Marie Jeanne (A.L.) and i have rich the half way of the build. After this I plan to make my first Greek traditional fishing boat.

Sorry for my English

Regards

Gregory

Gregory Kamtsikoudis

Yasoo (Hi) Gregory.

Scrolling down your thread, I was wondering whether you're a ship model builder or a tool builder... :)

Impressive innovations.

I'm looking forward to see your work with all these...

Thx

Hi Thanasi,first of all i must tell you how sorry i feel about your lost data on forum crash.

I believe you have a point here and i must explain my self, of curse i am not a tool builder, as wrote to Michael, now i am doing my first steps on wooden ship
building. I started with a kit (it was a gift), and it was the "spark" for me to work with wood. I think my current work, isn't even close to compare with works i saw here, that’s why I didn’t post something yet.

We talked about it in "Naftotopos", i would like to try and build the "Trechantiri", i have the plans ready and i am searching proper wood for it, at the local market. My economics are not good for now (one working in a five member family), so i must build my tools and get wood in the lower price i can get.

I post the photos of these tools, because i believe anyone may get an idea and be helped, that is good for me.

Thank you my friend (φίλε), for your reply.

Gregory  

Gregory Kamtsikoudis

That is just beautiful. I like it all. This is a place to steal a knowledge for tool making. I like the mini drill press, in near future I will have to build one for my rotary tool. I don't really understand the lowering mechanism you know with the handle and stuff. Maybe with more pictures from other angles :D  Thank you for sharing

Greetings, Sinan :pirate41:

Build log:TRITON POB 1:72

logo_phpBB.gif

Gregory thank you for your sympathy.  What really makes me  feel sad, is the loss of the build log of "Armour Cruiser Averof".

It was the work of a friend presented by me, because he doesn't go well with pc...And I'm not sure whether he is going to have another chance to show his work...

Don't stay on the comparison with every work you see here. We all make ship models just for fun and not because we want be the best ship modeller. 

I really like to show us your work and having seen your tools, I know what to expect...!

Thx

Thanks Sinan for your kind words, glad you liked my effort, as I liked yours. Now I make a base for Dremel flexible shaft to put it on the mini drill press.

The photo with my hand shows the lowering mechanism with a spring that is hidden inside the wooden base of the device. The handle is gripped behind by a screw, is made of aluminum tube, the small angles have an edge threaded at one side and a hole at the other . From there i spent a screw in aluminum tube, and I did the same to the other one on the mechanism which lowers the mini drill, (which did so for aesthetic reasons). When you start the build, do not hesitate to ask me send you photos.

Best regards neighbor                      

Gregory

Gregory Kamtsikoudis

Hi Thanassis

I had read the presentation that you had done for Mr. P. Chrisovergis battleship Averof,and I really think that must be found a way to occur again.

About me, what keeps me is mainly my bad mood with all that is happening to me, but you're right and I promise to do the very beginning with the trechantiri.

Keep your expectations low and thank you again for your kind words.

Gregory

Gregory Kamtsikoudis

Gregory,

Like everyone else I admire what you have built, have a real talent for it. With such quality work going into building your tools I am sure your Marie Jeanne will be beautiful.

Jim L

What we ever hope to do with ease, we must learn first to do with diligence. - Samuel Johnson

On the Building Ways:                           Launched:                                                 Contracts Signed:                    Member:

The Nautical Research Guild

The US Naval Institute

Thank you very much Jim for your kind words. I admire the work you've done in Bluenose and I wish you good continuity at Echo Cross Section.

The Marie Jeanne is about in the middle of construction with some errors that I cannot now correct.

I promise to show progress so far and help me with your advice to finish it.

Sincerely,

Gregory

Gregory Kamtsikoudis

• 4 weeks later...
Guest midnight

Great home made tools Gregory , tho i must admit I'm lazy when it comes to building home made tools . If i need a tool i just buy it . 

"ENVY" :)

Current Build:

La Nina, Latina - Wood / 1:65

On The Shelf:

San Francisco II, Latina - Wood 1/90,     U.S.S. Constitution, Revell - Plastic  / 1:96 (Remake),     H.M.S. Bounty, Latina - Wood / 1:48,     H.M.S. /Mayflower, Latina - Wood / 1:64,     La Pinta, Latina, Latina - Wood / 1:65,     La Santa Maria, Latina - Wood / 1:65,

Completed:

San Francisco / Cross Section, Latina - Wood / 1:50,     Coastal Submarine, Revell - Plastic / 1:144,     Cutty Sark Wall Plaque, Revell - Plastic / 1:50,     H.M.S. Victory, Revell - Plastic / 1:146,

H.M.S. Bounty, Constructo - Wood / 1:50,     Oseberg, Billings Boats - Wood / 1:25,     Clipper Ship (Sea Witch), Unknown - Wood / 1:46,     U.S.S. Constitution, Revell - Plastic / 1:96,    

Man Of War, Scientific - Wood / 1:50,     Robert E. Lee, Scientific - Wood / 1:45,     PT-109, Revell - Plastic / 1:72,     U.S.S. Enterprise, Revell - Plastic / 1:720,    

R.M.S. Titanic, Revell - Plastic / 1:720,     Numerous other wooded tall ships and boats from companies named: Ideal, Dumas, Pyro.

Hi Gregory

Thanks for sharing your tools with us - gives me lots of ideas.  With the quality you are able to put into tool-building, I'd love to see the results of your model ship building.

Frank

Thank you very much for your kind words Frank, Wthilgen, Dave and Dave.
Frank is good for me that you find  my post useful.

Dave if I could, i prefer to buy also, (I have in my mind a long list), the crisis in my country seriously affects the modelling, but as you can see force me to find Alternative solutions. :)

Gregory

Gregory Kamtsikoudis

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot Eugene, glad you like them.
Sorry I don't have plans, only some sketches but are not good. I can give you the dimensions and some photos, if  you tell me what interest you.

Gregory.

Gregory Kamtsikoudis

Colleagues, aren't present a limit to perfection, therefore the best tool - what you have near at hand  :) .

Best regards,

Garward

Is under construction Montanes

Ready models Golden Star Corsair San Francisco II

Bronze 24-pdr canone Le Fleuron

Bronze 24-pdr canone Le Fleuron (second version)

Gregory, I really like your plank bending jig.  Nice work on all the hand tools.  Very creative.  Thank you for sharing.

"I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate   ;) "

Current builds:

H.M.S. TRITON Cross Section by Bbrockel - Scratch Build - Scale 1:48

US Brig Syren by Bbrockel - Model Shipways -Scale 1:64

Gentlemen's, thank you very much for replay and your kind words.

Bob, although I like more the mini drill and router table, but I think you're right for plank bending jig.

Good luck with TRITON Cross Section, very clean and precise work.
Garward I like very much your builds, and I follow your posts from tools to models.

Gregory

Gregory Kamtsikoudis