Book(s) on how to Tie Knots

Is there a book that covers how to tie knots on our model ships? On virtually all my ship models the knot I use is the standard double knot.

Allen

Current Builds: Mayflower - 1:60; Golden Hind - 1:50

Past Builds: Marie Jeanne, Bluenose, Bluenose II, Oseberg, Roar Ege,

Waiting to Build: Swift

Allen, check this one out:   https://www.animatedknots.com/complete-knot-list   

As a handy reference, bookmark this site as it's an excellent resource: http://www.boat-links.com/boatlink.html

I know there's other sites for knots as there have topics on knot tying listing sites.  Perhaps do a search.. keywords: rigging, knots.   

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Knots on model rigging are often approximations of the actual prototype knot because it's nearly impossible to tie a real knot that small. The best information on knot tying for model rigging are the many YouTube instructional videos on surgical knot tying generally posted by medical schools for the use of their students. Search for "instrument knot tying" and "suture knot tying."

For general knot information there are two definitive references, both still in print, as far as I know:

Ashley's Book of Knots by Clifford Ashley

and

The Encyclopedia of Knots and Fancy Ropework by John Hensel and Raoul Graumount.

These two books have just about every knot devised by man. The Encyclopedia is the more technical of the two, categorizing the knots as to their mechanical design and type. "Ashley's" categorizes the knots by their various uses. 

Thanks everyone for the references. I like the idea of reading how to in a book and the followup in a video. Sometimes my pea of a brain has trouble figuring out what’s written.

Allen

Current Builds: Mayflower - 1:60; Golden Hind - 1:50

Past Builds: Marie Jeanne, Bluenose, Bluenose II, Oseberg, Roar Ege,

Waiting to Build: Swift