Saucy Jack by MaxC - Vanguard Models - Barking Well Smack - first build

I built the Nisha and if anything the fairing back to make the full form correct is one area where most of us are too cautious. I think you can trust Chris’s fairing lines on the bulkheads, they did not let me down.
It is a bit daunting turning a reasonable amount of the bow and stern into sawdust, but if you take it steady and use some of the planking as temporary guides to see if they bend flat across the bulkheads without strain and gaps underneath you will get there. 
Good luck, keep us updated. 👍

Edited by AJohnson

I always find it better to do just a little fairing of the most extreme parts before gluing in place, and then doing the main faring once the whole skeletal structure is securely in place - because the material is homogonous, sanding should be quite easy when compared to ply.

logo.jpg
Vanguard Models on Facebook

On 9/13/2023 at 6:46 PM, MaxC said:

Okay, here I am again! Nearly a year later and hoping to rekindle my interest in this little beauty. All came to a stop when I realised that the fairing lines printed on the forward bulkheads are wrong? It appears that by taking them back to these lines can't be right, or is it and I just can't see it? Perhaps I was just not too well at the time, or just couldn't be bothered to resolve the problem. But, I'm intending to have another go. Watch this space 😊.

I had a similar problem with mine too but it was most likely operator error. I thought I'd faired well but bulkhead 2 ended up too short. If I'd realised earlier I would have fixed at this stage by adding material behind the bulkhead and re-fairing. As it is was I used filler after the first planking and that seems to have sorted the problem. Only done top two planks on second planking but seems ok.

Stick with it they're really good kits.

IMG_2956.thumb.jpeg.58d7db78539ab3c84098b2584d463b07.jpeg

Simon.

Current build HM Cutter Trial - Vanguard Models

Previous: Saucy Jack - Vanguard Models Polaris - OcCre

In the stash:

HMS Speedy v2023 - Vanguard Models

Nisha - Vanguard Models

HM Gun Brig Adder - Vanguard Models