I started this project about ten or twelve years ago. I broke the bow pulpit, told myself I was going to learn how to solder brass, and never did. Since then I have built a few other models but never got back to this one. Now, it's time for her to go to a new home, or the dustbin. 

I found a nice box to ship her in but I certainly do not guarantee the condition you will get her. I will do my best to pack her up reasonably well, but it would be more fun if someone would just drop by my studio in Montreal and pick her up. 

IMG_20221103_2128261-1.jpg

IMG_20221103_2128360-1.jpg

IMG_20221103_2128475-1.jpg

IMG_20221103_2128536-1.jpg

IMG_20221103_2129010-1.jpg

IMG_20221103_2129076-1.jpg

IMG_20221103_2131177-1.jpg

IMG_20221103_2132046-1.jpg

Rick Shousha

Montreal

Well, I would have loved to finish it because it would be a shame for it to wind up in the dust bin after all the nice work you have put it her. She deserves to be all that she can be. But alas, I'm a bit to far from you for pick up and shipping would be outragous. I would love for it to go to someone who will actually finish it and do a build log on here so we can see the finished product rather than snippers who just want something for nothing only to allow it to sit at someone else's home or workshop.  

On 11/6/2022 at 8:01 AM, mtdoramike said:

I would love for it to go to someone who will actually finish it and do a build log on here so we can see the finished product

That’s a great idea. 👍 Coming soon…

Gallery Photos of My Charles W Morgan 

Currently working on New Bedford Whale Boat

On 11/6/2022 at 10:56 AM, rshousha said:

Shipping cost is not so bad, actually, considering how many hours went into the construction so far.  $125 USD would do it, for Florida. 

Regards, 

Rick 

I mentioned adopting another orphan and it didn't go over very well, I remember something about a moving truck, packing of bags, and needing another place to live. So I'm hoping someone else fairly close to you will step up. 

Edited by mtdoramike

20 minutes ago, mtdoramike said:

So I'm hoping someone else fairly close to you will step up. 

Yes I did… Fortunately, my conversation regarding the adoption went much better than yours. Build Log coming soon. Thanks Rick 😎

• 2 weeks later...

Very happy to see this little project moving ahead already!  I looked up some pictures and I saw that my whole family was involved, with my three girls participating in the construction when they were youngsters. So now there are four people looking forward to seeing this project through! 

...no pressure, though...

Cheers, 

Rick 

Rick Shousha

Montreal

13 hours ago, rshousha said:

So now there are four people looking forward to seeing this project through! 

...no pressure, though...

No need to apply pressure, I have put enough of that on myself, what with two other builds started and two recent purchases. But then, what else have I got to do, with Winter coming.  ❄️ The Admiral things I have lost it. 🤪

Onwards… 🍻

Edited by John Ruy

Glad to see this model found a good home!

In today’s Wall Street Journal there is a supplement dealing with retirement issues.  The first page includes an article:  Why Hobbies Are Crucial In Retirement.  The article points out both Cognitive and Physical Health benefits gained through hobbies.  Probably worth cutting out to show to wives complaining about “time spent in the shop, ship models cluttering up the house, money spent, etc.”

Roger

3 hours ago, Roger Pellett said:

Cognitive and Physical Health benefits gained through hobbies.

That’s what I have been saying all along. 😆 Model ship building is probably the most inexpensive preventative health measures we can take. Consider the $$/hour investment into our mental health. Love it…

John

• 4 weeks later...