Model ship from deceased father

Meghanh

Hello, 

my name is Meghan and I grew up on South Carolina. My father passed about 2 years ago and I was left with a large model ship. He had it for years and talked about how much value it had. I have no idea if this was a tall tale, but would like to 1) get it restored and 2) assess the value. I can then decide if we keep, sell or donate. I think it has a lot of potential but am running into a ton of roadblocks. 
it is currently in storage in South Carolina and I live in Texas. 
I do not have much info, but a picture. 
many guidance on where to begin would be appreciated. 
I can upload a pic if I can figure it out…

Meghan, welcome aboard.  First off, I'm so very sorry for your loss.  My father also passed away nearly 2 years ago so I can surely sympathize with you.  A picture would definitely help.  With so many skilled shipwrights here, I'm sure they can tell you what you've got and answer any other questions you may have.  They are so much more knowledgeable regarding your couple questions posted so I'll not confuse things.  I insert/upload photos this way, when you start a post you will notice the paperclip at the bottom of the field, click on that and then I select the desired photo from my computer.  I always upload rather than map to them.  If you do nothing else it will show up first thing in your post once you hit submit reply.  You can place the photo in the text if you like by just putting your cursor where you want it and then select the photo from the area.  I hope I've remembered correctly, if not I'm sure the experts will chime in.  Looking forward for more info. 

Take care and be safe.

kev

Current Build:  HMS Bounty's Jolly Boat - Artesania Latina

On the shelf:  Oseberg #518 - Billing Boats

Meghan, welcome to MSW. Hopefully we'll be able to view your photo shortly and provide you with some answers. 

And

:sign:

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum