HMS Winchelsea 1764 by Saburo (Bill)

Greetings to all of you here at Model Ship World. I am on a visit here in Southern California attending graduation ceremonies for grand children at present but, I will be back home in Florida in a few days to begin this log in earnest.

For now I'm going to open an introduction and take my place in line to build Syren Ship Models HMS Winchelsea.

Until about a year or two ago my interest in modeling has been aviation, building plastic/resin kit models.  Then surfing around YouTube I ran into Olha Batchvarov, then Kevin Kenny, and finally Chuck Passaro. After lurking around MSW and enjoying all the wealth of learning and experience, (at all levels) I'm here. Oh yes, Did I mention the comradery?

Bill

Great…glad you joined the group Bill.  I look forward to seeing your progress on the model.

Welcome, Bill! Looking forward to following your build. I started a few months ago myself. On a bit of a pause now that spring/summer weather is here. The Winnie builders are a helpful group that you’ll enjoy being part of. Good luck!

Jim 

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea, Model Shipways Mayflower 

Completed Builds: NRG Half Hull Project  

Model Shipways 18th Century Armed Longboat

Dumas 1954 Chris Craft 36' Commander

Dumas 1940 Chris Craft 19' Barrel Back