Dorade by smileyjon - Amati - RADIO

Worth a try eh . . . . . ?
I bought a £13 mini pipe bender and some 4mm copper tubes with the idea of routing the below deck sheet lines to eventually line up with the winch lines

A trial dry assembly of the most difficult sheet run is pictured here.  Any thoughts anyone ?

I've also formed a small section of timber to fit at the bow (from the frame up to the underside of the side capping) to take the strain of the main mast forstay, rather than connect it to the somewhat flimsy cap rail . . . more details later.

Still working out which winch server is needed and how much travel I'd like on the 3 sheets, I've ordered a small lump of brass to 'try' and make a heel for the rudder and then assemble some of the more interesting parts
The key to my plan is to get the outer hull all but ready, the internals tested (with masts) and ready, the deck planked and final test fitting . . and then all brought together . .  Ha !

Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 21.34.40.png

• 1 month later...

Well it has been a while with far more thinking and planning than building . .  but things have  s l o w l e y  progressed.
Pics attached, and working from bow to stern . . 
the notch in the bow is to take a shaped block to offer more support for the bow top capping and a secure anchoring point for the main forestay (similar anchor point through deck for main backstay)

The spare winch drum will eventually have tension springs towards the front bulkhead and will have the pull-push lines back to the winch servo for the sheets 

The standing rigging shroud attachments needed to be stronger (7 each side) these lead through the rail, then the decking and finally secured to side beams.

The helming well at the stern will provide access to make the final connection from the steering server to the top of the rudder (pic shows the links hanging and not as they will be when connected).  The floor and back wall of this well will be added at the end.

So I need to install the sheet lines and tensioned pulley, then the piping for the sheet lines, the sheet lines themselves, finish the 'sailing' keel attachment bolts (and waterproofing), plank and sand the deck . . check and recheck everything, glue down the deck and glue into the hull.  That's the winter sorted then !
Jon

Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 15.32.12.png

Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 15.32.30.png

Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 15.33.02.png