Lowell Grand Banks Dory by aaronc - Model Shipways - 1:24 scale - First Build

Gentlemen I'm not getting any younger so here we go. I have had my eye on the little whaling boat for a while now...but ran into this the other night here on the forum. After taking a closer look I decided it was the place to start for me. I know it's simple but I love the lines of this little boat, and for the $$ it was a no brainer. It came in yesterday. I had time this afternoon to do an initial unboxing. It was well packaged, no damage, and came with a parts list with a date the kit was made....signed by Miroslava. I like that, When I saw one of the build logs here of the kit I did some googling to see what I could find out about the subject matter. That's what peaked my interest and firmed up my decision. I'm sure all of you guys are aware but here is the link. I'll be posting progress. Thanks for looking. 

History | Lowell's Boat Shop & Museum (lowellsboatshop.com)

20231114_161941resize30.jpg

20231114_162038resize30.jpg

20231114_162408resize30.jpg

Edited by aaronc

Looking forward to following the build! This is a great first model.

I am gaining an affinity for these smaller boat models.  Look forward to seeing this build.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Robert Chenoweth

Current Build: Maine Peapod; Midwest Models; 1/14 scale.

In the research department:

Nothing at this time.

Completed models (Links to galleries): 

Monitor and Merrimack; Metal Earth; 1:370 and 1:390 respectively.  (Link to Build Log.)

Shrimp Boat; Lindbergh; 1/60 scale (as commission for my brother - a tribute to a friend of his)

North Carolina Shad Boat; half hull lift; scratch built.  Scale: (I forgot).  Done at a class at the NC Maritime Museum.

Dinghy; Midwest Models; 1/12 scale

(Does LEGO Ship in a Bottle count?)