Byrnes table saw blades….

I believe that the notice on the Byrnes website indicates that while they aren't presently shipping machines, they are accepting orders on accessories. If you haven't tried them, you might check and see if that is still so. 

There has been a lot of discussion regarding alternate blade sources for the Byrnes table saw. You might want to check all the posts using the  forum search engine parameters "Byrnes saw" to find all the posts addressing the subject. Here's links to a couple I copied for you: 

This general information sheet may be helpful if you haven't seen it already: ByrnesTableSawTips.pdf (thenrg.org)

Donna is filling orders for accessories.  I have completed two successful transactions last month.

I bought replicates of the disposable or easily misplaced parts for my collection of Byrnes machines - in case she does go dark.

I bought a      22015                    DIABLO 4 3/8 X 36 ATB TRIM SAW FINISH  BLADE  D0436X                 1         $14.99     from Peachtree  even though I dislike the kerf it takes.

I bought the requisite bushing adapters that Jim made a couple of weeks ago.

I think it is has pretty much devolved to Malco for a producer of 3" and 4" blades for thin stock.  The part of their inventory that Model Machines provides is at a reasonable cost and as been filtered to meet our needs.  

If you do not have a few of the arbor bushing adapters for blades with 1" arbors already,  it would be wise to obtain them.

Thurston did not survive a generation change.    

Martindale used to be a source, but although I see blades in their site, there is no indication of any of them being in inventory.  I suspect that they are produced on demand - probably for more than we find reasonable.

I keep forgetting the name "Martindale"   so a search on line brought up MSC - a vendor - the the prices!!!!!

NRG member 45 years

Current:  

HMS Centurion 1732 - 60-gun 4th rate - Navall Timber framing

HMS Beagle 1831 refiit  10-gun brig with a small mizzen - Navall (ish) Timber framing

The U.S. Ex. Ex. 1838-1842
Flying Fish 1838  pilot schooner -  framed - ready for stern timbers
Porpose II  1836  brigantine/brig - framed - ready for hawse and stern timbers
Vincennes  1825  Sloop-of-War  -  timbers assembled, need shaping
Peacock  1828  Sloop-of -War  -  timbers ready for assembly
Sea Gull  1838  pilot schooner -  timbers ready for assembly
Relief  1835  ship - timbers ready for assembly

Other

Portsmouth  1843  Sloop-of-War  -  timbers ready for assembly
Le Commerce de Marseilles  1788   118 cannons - framed

La Renommee 1744 Frigate - framed - ready for hawse and stern timbers