Nice work, it looks close to the below, a common single block.  How did you round the edges?  A block/rock tumbler is a huge time saver and does a great job if you are doing this by hand.  

Allan

blockparts1.jpg.8a1e96e328a5a13e8b5ccbfacd5fccc0.jpg

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

14 minutes ago, allanyed said:

Nice work, it looks close to the below, a common single block.  How did you round the edges?  A block/rock tumbler is a huge time saver and does a great job if you are doing this by hand.  

Allan

blockparts1.jpg.8a1e96e328a5a13e8b5ccbfacd5fccc0.jpg

Thanks for that picture, that’s great. 
I did both parts in cad, then cut them with the laser. Going to draw the doubles next. 
Still have to taper and chamfer by hand, but that’s for tomorrow at 4:30 am while I still have 100% patience. 

2 hours ago, Thukydides said:

mostly made of a wood that looks very dark (can't remember the name).

Lignum vitae?

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
― Jimmy Buffett

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

Posted (edited)

Sorry to ask, and I really am not trying to be obtuse, but what is this shaft? Your topic is laser cut cannon brackets so I'm totally confused.😕

Thanks😀

Allan

Edited by allanyed

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Hi MM

These are nice photos and credit to you for sharing but how is this related to laser cut cannon carriage brackets?  I think more folks will see this and benefit from your nice work if you start another topic on topmast mastheads or include in a build log.   

Allan