San Martin by Pfälzer - OcCre - 1:90

Hello everyone,
As you can see, I've finished the bug so far.
Since Occre had only planned to stain the inside and to plank the outside with 0.6 Sapelli, I had a small problem. Because I planked both sides with 1mm. So the 4x1mm strip provided for this was too narrow. So I quickly cut some of the 7mm wide material from the kit down to 5.5mm.
The next step is the trim strips on the fuselage. The next problem awaits me here. I haven't got a clue how to fix them to dry without leaving marks because I don't want to use superglue.
Let's see how much leeway the little word “actually” gives me.
Regards

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Funktionierender Build:

San Martin - 
Occre

Endender-Build:

Cala Esmeralda - Occre

Lady Nelson-Victory-Modelle 

Gorch Fock-Graupner 1985

9 minutes ago, Pfälzer said:

Oh my good is my english bad .

Maybe, but your planking is top shelf, very nicely done.     :cheers:

Bob  M.

Start so you can Finish !!

Finished:         The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20 ,   Amati } Hannah Ship in a Bottle:Santa Maria : LA  Pinta : La Nana : The Mayflower : Viking Ship Drakkar  The King Of the Mississippi  Artesania Latina  1:80 

Current Build: Royal Yacht, Duchess of Kingston-Vanguard Models :)

I assure you my German is worse! 😁 You're doing just fine. I know what you mean and I'm sure others do as well.

Mikki

"You're gonna need a bigger boat."

Working on: Dusek's San Martin

Completed: Good ol' first ship build- Constructo's Albatross; Mamoli's HMS Bounty; Mamoli's Golden Hinde; Amati's Drakkar; Occre's Revenge; Artesania Latina's San Fran

Then again with a translator.
For those who can't imagine what I meant. Because I have an extreme aversion to superglue, I had to find a solution to press the strips on with Ponal.
But as life goes, I couldn't get the two strips that were to be installed further down to stay in place.
I've just spent almost two hours working on them only to see them fall off again. I probably shouldn't have stained it yet. But that would have made the whole thing difficult, as the walnut would also soak up the stain.
In short, the old man resorted to the super glue and put an end to the spook. Sometimes you just have to jump over your shadow.

Funktionierender Build:

San Martin - 
Occre

Endender-Build:

Cala Esmeralda - Occre

Gorch Fock-Graupner 1985

20231110_145950.thumb.jpg.2398ff690f584c58e9cedc96dfefbb87.jpg.91c653384ba8975efee3386a0b67011d.jpg

Hello my friend,  I was wondering if you have seen this type of glue, it sticks well and it is not CA.  I used it for coppering my Pegasus,  it cleans up with water, and no harmful fumes. Stay safe my friend. 

Bob  M.

Finished:         The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20 ,   Amati } Hannah Ship in a Bottle:Santa Maria : LA  Pinta : La Nana : The Mayflower : Viking Ship Drakkar  The King Of the Mississippi  Artesania Latina  1:80 

Nice work, anxious to see some finish on ship . Nice work.:cheers:

Bob M.

Posted (edited)

Hallo zusammen,

Ein weiteres Problem ist bei den oberen Thekenablagen aufgetreten.
Auch der Rumpf war dicker beplankt als von Occre vorgesehen, innen wie außen. Da ich das vorher wusste, hatte ich mir extra 8x2mm Nussbaumholz gekauft. Ich hatte zwei Tage daran gefeilt nur um festzustellen, dass es immer noch zu schmal war. Der Überhang war mir nicht ausgeprägt genug. Außerdem gab es viel Gemurre vom Chef als ich im Netz nach breiteren suchte „schon wieder Geld ausgeben“. Also habe ich kurzerhand eine Eichenleiste geschnappt die ich vom Schreiner bekommen habe und welche daraus gemacht.
Das erste Problem war dass sie drei Millimeter zu dick waren. Zweites Problem, man kann Eiche nur bedingt von Hand sägen ohne dass sie bricht oder splittert.
Also habe ich sie mit einer Japansäge grob auf Maß gesägt und dann endlos mit einer Sandfeile abgeschliffen.
Und nein, ich will keinen Dremel oder sowas verwenden, da war auch kein Fünfzehner hau mich tot.
Das wird wohl noch eine Weile dauern. But they have to be done first to get the fuselage moldings in alignment

Übersetzt mit DeepL.com (kostenlose Version)

Edited by Pfälzer

Funktionierender Build:

San Martin - 
Occre

Endender-Build:

Cala Esmeralda - Occre

Gorch Fock-Graupner 1985

As you can see, I made good progress after all.
I pimped the oak because it was too light in color. First stained with dark walnut, then sanded everything again with 600-grit paper. Then stained with medium oak, sanded with 1000-grit paper, waxed and polished with absorbent cotton.
The result doesn't necessarily make me happy, but I can live with it.
We are now out of the true-to-scale business. But since this ship never actually existed, I can live with it.
So let's no longer call it San Martin but an imaginary Spanish galleon.

Funktionierender Build:

San Martin - 
Occre

Endender-Build:

Cala Esmeralda - Occre

Gorch Fock-Graupner 1985

Very nicely done.     :cheers:

Bob M.

Edited by Knocklouder

The oak is beautiful,  nice work   :cheers:

Bob M.

I commend your bravery for working with oak in this small of a scale. 👏 

Nicely donne.

Mikki

"You're gonna need a bigger boat."

Working on: Dusek's San Martin

Completed: Good ol' first ship build- Constructo's Albatross; Mamoli's HMS Bounty; Mamoli's Golden Hinde; Amati's Drakkar; Occre's Revenge; Artesania Latina's San Fran

sehr schön.

Wonderful  work.    BOB  M.  :cheers:

Hello everyone, a short summary.
There was a small problem. When I was assembling the skeleton, I forgot to sand a bevel for the transom at the stern, which I first noticed when planking the deck. As a result, the transom moved about 2mm aft, I didn't think much of it and compensated with a cross moulding. This came back to haunt me when attaching the mouldings to the hull. There's a gun port in my way where the pütting comes from the main mast. As I had started to fit the mouldings aft, I realised this too late to change it, it would cause irrevocable visual damage to the hull by mortising the mouldings. So I didn't make the mouldings up to the counter in that area. I will hardly notice it, as the shrouds run along there.
When I wanted to continue on the starboard side, I realised that I didn't have any more material. I hadn't really checked this beforehand as I still had two mouldings left over from the Esmeralda. Due to the thicker deck planking, I had to use them for the deck framing of the gratings. Now I still have exactly the amount I need, but not in one piece and in three different colours. So I decided not to order more from Occre, but to order 10 metres of it, which is always good if you have enough. At the same time, I also ordered the pole dowels in walnut, as the shipping costs have to be worth it.Daher habe ich begonnen Geschützpforten und Fenster zu installieren bis das Material eintrifft.
Grüße an alle

Funktionierender Build:

San Martin - 
Occre

Endender-Build:

Cala Esmeralda - Occre

Gorch Fock-Graupner 1985