Welcome to Model Ship World
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

HMS TRITON by Sir Blue Henry - POB - 1/32 - Full Hull

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Sir Blue Henry

Sir Blue Henry
  • Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand

Hi again

Cant believe how 2 years can fly by

I have been busy on various model projects  - but mostly the last year has been taken up by my little boy arriving on the scene. He is now 13 months and a lovely cheerful (most of the time) fellow.

I have no intentions of getting to the Triton for the next 2 years or so - but by no means do i want to abandon it. I do feel it was a pity that i couldnt keep the progress going but thats life, marriage and children ...

I have to get my Stern Trawler done first and that will take a bit of time.

My intentions with the Triton - display it in my model building room - or even in the lounge - in a strong and safe cabinet - which would be pretty huge. Yes i want to do all the rigging and not skimp an any aspects - except for 1 - which was why i was doing POB below deckline and POF above. I wanted to save on a large amount of time by simply being able to get the lower half of the Hull done without having to do frames - and i was not going to do cutaway - so you would never see. The attachment of Frames above deckline to the bulkheads below deckline was going to be an interesting part of the build - but not too difficult. It would just involve adding a few bits of strengthening crossmembers at various points as needed - one the hull was planked, by which time it would be incredibly strong already.

I need to look through the builds and see who has completed a Triton in the last 6 years or so

• mtaylor, AnobiumPunctatum and Canute like this

Ships in Progress

1/12 RC Stern Trawler  "Shirley Ann"

Marina RC trawler

Next Up

Robbe Mowe - Small (26cm) electric boat

Ships Waiting for Work to Continue

RC shrimping boat

HMS Victory -Constructo

Escampavio Revenue Cutter

HMS Triton full build

Done

Hull repairs to Victoria steamship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome GUEST to the Model Ship World Community.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER to use all of our feautures.