Jump to content

Jim T

Members
  • Content Count

    59
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Independence, Oregon
  • Interests
    Model ship building, model engine building (machining), flying, motorcycling

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Your Sharpie is coming along great Dave. 👍 Remodeling..............you're on a slippery slope there! I started remodeling the kitchen in the house we lived in previous to the one we're in now. By the time I got done I'd remodeled the whole house. Beware of the terms: "While we're at it" or "We might as well"! 🙄 Jim
  2. Excellent Idea! It there was a link to different build log (Build Log of the Day), featured on the Home Page each day, that would be 365 build logs a year showing up on the Home Page. Jim
  3. I'm pretty new here. I voted for "Era". I would of voted for "None of the Above" if that was a choice. My personal feeling is that the proposed change is going to be a ton of work for not much gain for me personally. Of course this isn't just about me, so will go with the flow of more experienced folks. What has worked great for me is being able to "Follow" a build once I've become interested. Also the index of the various kit builds has been helpful if I become interested in a particular kit and would like to identify builds that have been done. Jim
  4. I'm wondering if folks ever apply a coat of Sanding Sealer before the first coat of Wipe On Poly? Jim
  5. Got started on the Centerboard Case. The various views in the plans didn't always agree on the construction..... nor did the monograph. No big deal.........it is a "Generic Sharpie" after all, so I just built it the way it could of been built back in the day. 🙂 Set the end logs in place. I wanted to construct the C.B Case so it would be removable for now, so these weren't glued in. Then edge glued the sides and glued to the fore and aft CB Logs. Added the Upper Case Support Logs. A
  6. Glenn, I've just completed reading through your thread and will be following along. Lots of great info here from an experienced kit builder turned scratch builder. Jim
  7. As mentioned in the last post, I got started on the floor boards. Once the floor boards were built I used a ships curve to mark the trim line and sanded to shape. Finished. Next up is the Center Board Case. Jim
  8. Castello's website shows numerous listings for boxwood. Which one are you looking at? It's good to know about them. I have a well equipped wood shop, so could mill my own lumber, as you do. Plus, they're located only 60 mi. from me. Jim
  9. Got a little more done the last couple of days. Like most of us, I've got several projects going at once, plus the summer weather is getting here and the yard and garden is calling. Got a couple more stern log parts added. I'm going to wait until I start the stern planking before I add the stern post. Also got a start on the floor boards. Jim
  10. Good save on the rub rail Andrew. I also like what you've done at the bow. The inwales add a lot...............I might look at doing that myself. Jim
  11. This has been an informative and very helpful thread. Jim
  12. I'm at the point of needing to paint the hull (inside and outside) of my CLC Northeaster Dory, so will be watching your process closely. Jim
×
×
  • Create New...