Bluenose II by Bertu - FINISHED - Artesania Latina - Scale 1:75 - Fishing Schooner

Good day Aceman 

love the work .I'm also working on this model but have encountered many omitted and or wrong measurements in the booklet.

I talked to an expert builder yesterday who said I should references the blueprints/ drawings but mine did not come with them. I was wondering if you still had yours and if so could I somehow get a copy of them. I'm in Canada and my hobby shop can't  order them

I wish mine looked as gd as yours

thanks

Chieffy

• 3 weeks later...

Great build

I'm  am new to the world of wooden ship models and have stared building the  Bluenose II

you build 22534 by Latina

My issue is that many of the measurements in the booklet are Wrong.  For example the measurements given for the boom mast saddles. If drilled as per instructions only 2 pins would hold and one would intersect holes,

What measurements did you use and are wire pins through from one side to the other or just short pins pushed in on each side

Thanks

Chieffy

Thank you Chieffy.  Your kit is probably a bit different from my european version.  Likewise in mine I had some wrong measurements and also a few small things missing, but on the whole it is a nice kit and a very good kit to learn on.  I sent you a message with some details for the boom mast saddle, hope they are of help to you.

Robert

• 1 month later...

Morning Bertu

I finally have some more free time so I'm

continuing on the gaff and booms.

Have drilled and installed pins as per your drawing worked out great. So many errors in their dimensions. Drilled .5mm holes used .5mm wire than went on to put 8 mm pinsx .5mm dia in pre drilled holes only discover holes for 1 mm wire so did I blow it should other holes have been 1 mm wire as well

Finally need help with gaff/mast that appear to have block attached by thread

how do you do those (2 on formast gaff and 2 on main mast gaff)

Thanks in advance for your help it is really appreciated 

have a great day

Henry

• 2 weeks later...

Morning Henry,

My apologies for taking so long to reply.  All you have to do is, with a thread go round the block and tie it leaving two ends long enough to tie to the gaff.  After tying it to the block I always go over it with some thinned white glue to keep the thread in place.  Then determine the position of the block on the gaf, tie one end to the gaff, going around the gaff a couple of times and going over it with glue.  Then tie the other end, taking care of the length of thread between the block and the gaff. Leaving the second one too long will look slackened, as all the tension will be on the other end, leaving it too short will make the other end look slackened.  I have attached a close up for you.

IMG_0901.thumb.JPG.c8bdbe7328ab84a39bfa2c8ebb086fae.JPG

Hope this is of help to you.

Robert

• 2 months later...

I just found this thread and have read it through as I am about to embark on the same build. What a beautiful job. I can only hope that mine will be half as nice when I am done. 

• 2 years later...

Hi Robert,

I’ve just begun this model... not doing anywhere near as good a job as you did. A really lovely boat you’ve built there. I can only hope to get close to your job.

May I ask how you did the little boats on the deck. Yours looks brilliant, whereas mine was awful.

• The title was changed to Bluenose II by Bertu - FINISHED - Artesania Latina - Scale 1:75 - Fishing Schooner