HMB Endeavour by Kees Meijer - OcCre - 1:54

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy, Kees.

How much of the deck planking materials did you have left over after finishing all the decks? And I guess the same question applies to the hull planks.

Reason I ask is, due to me never having done this before, I would like to test out some techniques, practicing I guess. But I don't want to run out of material.
I'm thinking of sending Occre and email and purchasing some extras, or perhaps from some other supplier. What ever is cheapest and fastest delivery.

There is probably less than 5% on the various strips. The color variation between lots makes it difficult to substitute if you are using a natural finish. Not an issue with painting. The dowels for the masts, and yards allow for no mistakes. Measure 3 times cut once is the old wood workers adage.

Regards

That's what I suspected, not enough to play with. And absolutely measure three times...this is why I'm taking so long to get this happening. I want to ensure I know what I am doing, and do it right.

I've only got my keel and bulkheads glued together at this point. Before I start my decking, I want to do a bit more reading, watching and testing first.

Another tip. Get a small box and save the pieces of cutoff that you have from cutting down the stock. You can always piece together strips if you run short.