HMS Duke of York by CDW - FINISHED - Tamiya - 1:350 - PLASTIC

Superb piece of work Craig. Am looking forward to your next build.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

• 4 years later...

Hi Craig,

As you may be aware, I'm a new member of Model Ship World and only now getting down to finding all the stuff that really interests me. As you will have gathered, your builds in 1/700 fall into that category but I was pleasantly surprised to find this gem of yours from back in 2017.

That's a great Model and what a superb job you made of it, really museum display standard. Although I'm keeping to 1/700 scale myself for the time being (space limitations for anything bigger) This really tweaked my interest in 1/350. The bigger scale really does enable really fine detail to be created when including all the upgrade PE parts etc and make the task of bending the PE parts that much easier - funnel tops excepted! It also interested me to see your approach to weathering which you have kept fairly low-key. This is the way I intend to go too even if the real ships looked much more battered, battle scarred and moth-eaten in reality. With the Bismarck this is not so wrong since she (he!) was only in service for a few months before being sunk. HMS Hood on the other hand ...!

HMS Duke Of York looks like a super choice for this scale, perhaps I should order one with all the upgrades myself, after all what harm could yet another unbuilt kit on the shelf do?!

Anyway, my Flyhawk Hood is waiting to be picked up at my local DHL so I'm a happy bunny right now. Would you believe that the German customs want 1 Euro 29cents duty which is nothing compared to the value of the shipment (over 100 Euros, but DHL want 6 Euros from me for collecting the € 1,25 and passing it on to the customs office!

Thanks for giving us all so much pleasure with your build logs.

Kind regards

Roger

• The title was changed to HMS Duke of York by CDW - FINISHED - Tamiya - 1:350 - PLASTIC