Sovereign Of The Seas by NMBROOK - Scale 1/84 - based on the works of Van De Velde the elder

Been going over your build Nigel and you're doing a marvelous job on her. I wish you luck with your move and look forward to you getting started back up.

Cheers

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

Hi Nigel,

your "Soveraine of the Seas" build Looks very nice and precise built, hope that after your move everthing is settled and your workplace is in order again......

I`ve also been missing updates for your "Mordaunt", hope its not been mothballed in any way.....

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Nils :)

Unfortunately the buyer pulled out at the eleventh hour,so we went back to square one.Fingers crossed ,we have another buyer and the sale will go through without any hitches.

So still in limbo :( at the minute my friend.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Currently working on Royal Caroline

• 4 months later...

Dear Nigel,

what a pitty, that the work on your amazing model has stopped.

As I am building the DeAgostini SotS as well (with influences of the Morgan drawing, as far as my skills allow) I have taken a lot of inspirations, suggestions and ideas from your build log.

Here are two pics of my current build. Unfortunately I don't have much time for model building and I have started approximately two years later.

post-13108-0-20496500-1441280239.jpg

post-13108-0-40490100-1441280240.jpg

Edited by Mr. Pett

Thank you Mr Pett :) The break is only a temporary one.Far too much going on in my personal life at the minute to devote the time to get back into the build.

When things settle down,I have every intention of putting all my other projects on hold to move this one forward.

I wish you well with your build,it certainly looks like you have done some great work so far.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Currently working on Royal Caroline

• The title was changed to Sovereign Of The Seas by NMBROOK - Scale 1/84 - based on the works of Van De Velde the elder