H.M.S. Victory 'Cross Section'

tmj

Any of you folks familiar with this kit and its manufacturer/supplier? 

I'm liking what I see, up front, however. I'd like to get a few opinions before I 'pull a $250 trigger'.

https://www.model-space.com/us/hms-victory-cross-section-model.html 

"The journey of a thousand miles is only a beginning!"

Current Build;

Corel HMS Victory Cross Section kit "BASH", "Active build!"

On the Drawing Board;

1777 Continental Frigate 'Hancock', Scratch Build, Admiralty/Pseudo Hahn Style, "In work, active in CAD design stage!"

In dry dock;

Scratch Build of USS Constitution... on hold until further notice, if any.

Constructro 'Cutty Sark' ... Hull completed, awaiting historically accurate modifications to the deck, deck houses, etc., "Gathering Dust!"

Been doing some research and reading customer reviews. "Hmm... nevermind!" 😲

"The journey of a thousand miles is only a beginning!"

Current Build;

Corel HMS Victory Cross Section kit "BASH", "Active build!"

On the Drawing Board;

1777 Continental Frigate 'Hancock', Scratch Build, Admiralty/Pseudo Hahn Style, "In work, active in CAD design stage!"

In dry dock;

Scratch Build of USS Constitution... on hold until further notice, if any.

Constructro 'Cutty Sark' ... Hull completed, awaiting historically accurate modifications to the deck, deck houses, etc., "Gathering Dust!"

• 1 month later...

While I am well aware of deagostini's bad reputation for getting chapters out on time, I decided to take a chance on this kit since it not sent by chapters.    Also viewed all the build videos on youtube and was impressed. 

So I ordered it last week and have just received an email that it has been shipped.    

I have built kits for decades and am hesitantly hopeful that this one will be worth the effort.  

• 2 weeks later...

Got the complete kit the other day.    Came in a plain cardboard box with many bags of parts.    I am guessing the bags correspond to each chapter that are normally sent.   No instructions of any sort.   Just have to go to their web site and follow those videos which are on youtube.   

Overall, the quality of the parts appear to be at least as good as you get in many other kits.     Will start this one after I am finished with my Vanguard model Alert.

15 hours ago, JerseyCity Frankie said:

(Scroll down to the bottom of the home page) 

Actually, scroll to the top of any page and hit "Group Projects". The Triton is in there.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)