Wütender Hund by Chuck Seiler - Shipyard - 1/72 - Hanseatic Cog 1390 - CARD

I  had forgotten how fun and exciting stropping blocks can be.  :default_wallbash:

Chuck Seiler
San Diego Ship Modelers Guild
Nautical Research Guild

Current Build:: Colonial Schooner SULTANA (scratch from Model Expo Plans), Hanseatic Cog Wutender Hund, John Smith Shallop
Completed:  Missouri Riverboat FAR WEST (1876) Scratch, 1776 Gunboat PHILADELPHIA (Scratch 1/4 scale-Model Shipways plans)

• 3 weeks later...

I continue to struggle with blocks and deadeyes.  I have made 8 attempts at mounting the deadeyes and have only 1 that is somewhat acceptable.  Attached still needs some trimming.  Continuing...

deadeye.thumb.JPG.70e3d844b1ae79d4e1325de52e8ff3bb.JPG

Meanwhile, those of you following the various cog builds know there has been some discussion about the integrated ladder leading up to the forward castle.  As built in this model, it appears very awkward to get from the ladder into the castle.  For this and other reasons I decided to add a new ladder.  Hey, when you have a ladder company as a sponsor, why not?  Some local bathers are waiting for the ladder to open so they can use the diving board.

58406785_divingboard.thumb.JPG.47d533ef3c0dab1944a2703ed6049333.JPG

Chuck Seiler
Nautical Research Guild

Current Build:: Colonial Schooner SULTANA (scratch from Model Expo Plans), Hanseatic Cog Wutender Hund, John Smith Shallop
Completed:  Missouri Riverboat FAR WEST (1876) Scratch, 1776 Gunboat PHILADELPHIA (Scratch 1/4 scale-Model Shipways plans)

That is where the DJ is spinnin' the tunes.

Chuck Seiler
Nautical Research Guild

1 hour ago, Louie da fly said:

Oh, yes - those old favourites, like "Mama hat mir gesagt, ich soll nicht kommen"

Steven

My favorite is Eins (ist die einsamste Zahl)... But, kind of a downer song for the party boat.

Edited by catopower

Clare Hess

He's a -> "HE"

Y'all are just jealous because the hot chicks (can I still say that?) are coming to my ship.  :champagne-2:

Chuck Seiler
Nautical Research Guild