Glue for Templates UK

Go to solution Solved by Per Rise,

Hi All

Could someone please recommend a good glue that I can purchase in the UK for fixing my paper templates to the wood for cutting out and shaping?  I would imagine that the templates will be in place for quite a while but I don't want to do damage to the wood underneath when I remove them.

Thanks for you help

Mark

Hello, I've used Asda or Tesco own brand gluestick for all my templates,  dampening with a sponge removes paper and glue residue although I do leave templates on if not seen and just remove where I need to glue parts together. 

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

21 minutes ago, Edwardkenway said:

Hello, I've used Asda or Tesco own brand gluestick for all my templates,  dampening with a sponge removes paper and glue residue although I do leave templates on if not seen and just remove where I need to glue parts together. 

Thats great thanks very much for your help - I'm off to buy a glue stick and get going on this build 

I print items to be cut out on label paper.  Cut out the part drawing just outside the lines of the drawing, remove the backing and stick it on the wood to be cut.  If the wood is clean when the paper is applied it will stay on for a long time.  It peels off with relative ease and the wood is clean.  I usually give it a scrape with a razor or swipe with sand paper just in case there is any residual glue although if there is any there, I have never seen it.

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU