3 D Laser cut file

Hello to all 

Hope you are well 

It is appreciated if anyone could assist me to find the source for my requirements which is a 3D Laser cut cdr. or pdf. file for RMS Titanic ship in the scale of 1:350 or so.

I am planning to cut all the required pieces needed to built up a proper detailed Titanic ship.

Many thanks 

Mike 

I hate to be discouraging, but laser cutting is not generally considered 3D.

You could get some 3D effects with a combination of engraving and cutting but it is a very complex process that would

take multiple steps to produce useable parts.

3D renderings would have to come from 3D printers, CNC machines or a combination of these along with some possible laser cutting.

If  3D drawings/ files  of Titanic exist they would be in-house at some model manufacturing company.

I do not expect you to find such drawings available to the general public.

However, if anyone here is aware of such drawings/files, I'm sure they will let you know about what would be possible in acquiring them.

Luck is just another word for good preparation.

—MICHAEL ROSE

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

Hi Mike,

I am not sure the meaning of “3D laser cut” but I am using laser cutting of the parts exactly same as your purpose.

My understanding is that laser cut only handles 2D data.

I just started the posting in this category to introduce my way of making drawings (file) for parts processing including laser cutting. With this method, if you have some ship plan or so, you can make various kind of parts and assembly drawings for parts processing and model building.

Please refer my topic “Making frame drawings and its adoption to laser cutting” and stay tuned it.

Kiyoo Iizawa

• 1 month later...

Mike, as others have said, laser cutting in conventional use applies only to cutting essentially 2D objects from 2D patterns. The 3D model is constructed from these parts. If 3D laser ablation is actually a thing, it is a very specialized process.

Computerized 3D manufacturing involves either additive (i.e., 3D printing) or subtractive (i.e., multi-axis milling) processes. Shapeways offers photoactive additive manufacturing methods involving lasers, but I suspect that isn't what you are looking for.

Terry

There are no 3-D models of the Olympic class available commercially. Titanic honor and glory probably owns/developed the most accurate version in existence but they are not going to just hand that over and probably wont even sell rights to it. Building a 3D model will require detailed 2D drawings of the ship and a powerful 3D program to produce it with many many hours of modeling.

JJ

Current Builds: HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 - 5th rate 32 gun frigate (on hold for now)

HMS Portland 1770 Prototype 1:48 - 4th rate 50 gun ship