HMCS Snowberry by Hsae - Revell - 1/72 - PLASTIC

i think there are two areas up there, i was racking me brains earlier, as to whether i ever went up there, i was always action planesman, so drove to boat in and out

I also was normally required to dive the boat if at diving stations, (first dive after the procedure for opening up for diving is carried out through the submarine), there are two us us at the planes, a fore -planes man who controlled the rate of dive, and me on the after planes controlling the afterpains (ensuring the boat was kept fairly level) and steering. if at high speed the after planes did both as the dynamics of the boat render the fore-planes useless

watch diving, however was carried by anyone on watch qualified to do so after an initial dive, and the boat was known to be in a good trim and flood free.

i was then required to become a ship controller,( sat behind the planesmen controlling the trim and ballast of the boat, making the preps for periscope runs, being aware of the emergency procedures in all events etc etc, but whilst on my last ever patrol a friend of mine on another submarine witnessed two deaths at sea (all over the headlines at the time, and i knew my Chief Petty Officers pension was safe so i refused  do the final test, and awaited my punishment

BBC NEWS | England | Sub deaths caused by 'failures'

sorry ranting on there

On 2/13/2022 at 2:13 PM, Hsae said:

Of cause I still have to do some touch ups. 😉

My project on the side …

951F67F1-568F-4D40-BAC1-2D29372749C7.jpeg

Sorry-- The water is not deep enough I can still see the sub !!  LOL ---

Love it --just bitter and twisted..

HMAV Bounty 'Billings' completed  

HMS Cheerful - Syren-Chuck' completed :)

Steam Pinnace 199 'Billings bashed' - completed

HMS Ledbury F30 --White Ensign -completed 😎

HMS Vanguard 'Victory models'-- completed :)

Bismarck Amati 1/200 --underway  👍

4 minutes ago, Hsae said:

Thanks Yves, I Hope it will be a great diorama. I only wish I had made it a little bit longer … oh well!

You could add two small bands of sea at each end and try to blend the seams with your existing piece of ocean.

Yves

Edited by yvesvidal

• 1 year later...