• 2 months later...

hi, so am planing to start this projekt before the winter (3-4mnd) i need to finished the pequot ship first....

but am starting to get wat i need for the first 3-4 chapter at start ,

my question ? is there a wood list ? to ripp the planks myself or do i have to by the wood finished ripped?

svein.erik

You can rip as you go or buy the completed wood package . I just cut my wood as I needed it. Chuck outlines pretty clearly what thickness you will need, If you’re cutting your own.

http://www.modelerssawmill.com/wood-packages.php

Current Builds: HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 - 5th rate 32 gun frigate (on hold for now)

HMS Portland 1770 Prototype 1:48 - 4th rate 50 gun ship

hi ,again☺ know my joureny begins .... after waiting for this build to start ,

i have order the 1/4 laser cut bulkhead set from Chuck , but i do have to wat for it.....😲

so ... am desided to plank the hull with boxwood and am also using the ayc for the dekk planking and many other parts 

because there are many parts thats  is painted , so fore this am using the ayc kits from Chuck.

As i can see, Modeler's sawmill do not ship to Norway/Euro. so i have to get it from Hobbymill.EU

thats means the sheets is in metric so i have to cut it twice to make it to inch... 

example: 1/4 (6.35 mm) for this i need 7mm sheet  then cut it down .. thats Europe...😉

there wil be some photos later lol...

svein-erik

17 hours ago, svein erik said:

hi ,again☺ know my joureny begins .... after waiting for this build to start ,

i have order the 1/4 laser cut bulkhead set from Chuck , but i do have to wat for it.....😲

so ... am desided to plank the hull with boxwood and am also using the ayc for the dekk planking and many other parts 

because there are many parts thats  is painted , so fore this am using the ayc kits from Chuck.

As i can see, Modeler's sawmill do not ship to Norway/Euro. so i have to get it from Hobbymill.EU

thats means the sheets is in metric so i have to cut it twice to make it to inch... 

example: 1/4 (6.35 mm) for this i need 7mm sheet  then cut it down .. thats Europe...😉

there wil be some photos later lol...

svein-erik

Will hobbymill mill the wood to your desired thickness? I would inquire to see if they also offer a lumber package for the Winchelsea. I believe the owner of hobbymill.eu is also a MSW member. 

Current Builds: HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 - 5th rate 32 gun frigate (on hold for now)

HMS Portland 1770 Prototype 1:48 - 4th rate 50 gun ship

18 minutes ago, scrubbyj427 said:

Will hobbymill mill the wood to your desired thickness? I would inquire to see if they also offer a lumber package for the Winchelsea. I believe the owner of hobbymill.eu is also a MSW member. 

yes  thee is a lumber package all milled ready to go, but the price is 314 euro for ayc and about 385 euro for boxwood +shipment and tax

if i get the sheets and mill my self the cost is about 90-100 euro ☺☺

9I received some boxwood from Hobbymill EU 20220411_182812.thumb.jpg.e000a894fbbd096e950f940256c69bd7.jpg

I've found it to be excellent 20220411_182744.thumb.jpg.877a8616fbb0c132de699b53968a1a16.jpg

along with Vahur customer services. 

Hope this helps with your choice!

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

• 2 weeks later...