Name the Ship Game

RMS Olympic

Good evening, Anja (hope I got it right this time!)

It is not the Sunset Glow either.  Right part of the world, though!

This one was built for the Coal, Stone and Lumber trades and met a most disagreeable end.

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

dont look much like a submarine - do i win?

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

LOL!!!  Certainly narrows it down, Kevin!

I promise, my next one will be a sub.  Do you know which one this is?

photo_Hook_and_Ladder.jpg

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

dam - lol -i have been going to slimming world since 4th jan this year, that picture - is just not good news

Edited by Kevin

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Congratulations, St. George! 

L. Snow & Co., Rockland, Me., launched the three-masted schooner Wawenock in 1907, built for themselves to ply in the coal, stone and lumber trades. Her dimensions are as follows: Length 135.9 ft., breadth 34.3 ft., depth 9.8 ft. She has a gross tonnage of 325, her net tonnage being 258.

The story of the wreck is well told in Bertram G. Snow’s The Main Beam, published in 2005 by the Rockland Historical Society with massive contributions of research and photographs by Doug and Linda Lee. The 325-ton Wawenock was loaded with granite curbing stone and was sailing from Sullivan, Maine, towards New York in December of 1928. After temporarily snagging on a ledge in Jericho Bay on the 30th, Capt. Anders Anderson stayed in the area, waiting for better weather. The morning of January 10, 1929, anchored east of Isle au Haut, the crew woke to a southeast snow storm, blowing hard. Capt. Anderson decided to raise the anchor and sailed up the Bay in extremely poor visibility. The schooner struck the ledges on the west side of Fog Island and the men could hear water pouring into the vessel. Not waiting for the captain’s orders, the crew lowered the yawl boat and left the schooner. Soon after, the vessel (still under full sail) freed herself from the ledge and continued on her way, with the yawl boat following. Eventually the crew could see that the schooner had run on the rocks on McGlathery Island, and they continued on to Stonington to report.

Wayne

Epictetus

Yes it is Wayne. I removed the name and the flag.

She was built in 1886 and sold for scrap in 1910. She had two sister ships the Engeland and the Duitschland. The Duitschland was renamed in 1916 to the Zeeland and used as a Hospital Ship.

David

David

Current Build : HMAV Bounty - Amati

Next Build : 18th Century Longboat

Thanks, David.  That is a very pretty sidewheeler - I like!

Seeing we had a request for some Subs, try this one next!  Bonus credit if you can also identify the ship in the background...

post-18-0-92762200-1365356814_thumb.jpg

Wayne

Epictetus