Name the Ship Game

RMS Olympic

Kevin -

Because of the length of the bowsprit and jbboom on many clippers, the jibboom was rigged to be retracted at wharf side to avoid entanglement r damage from wagons and carts passing by.

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

Dang - that was an easy one I guess!  I figured an obscure old steamer built where my better half was born and raised would take a tad longer than that!

Yep - Steamer Tremont being lanuched in Brewer, Maine in 1895 for the Bangor and Bar Harbor Steam Boat Company.

Thanks for the good wishes, Anja - and now you get to post the next one!

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

Thanks Wayne,

The title of the picture gave it away.

Here is mine. She was named, renamed and underwent modernization.

Enjoy the search.

Anja

post-45-0-15394000-1364326361.jpg

Edited by Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

The Brazilian Battleship Aquidabã (Aquidaban), renamed after the rebellion in 1894 to Dezesseis de Abril (16th of April) and then to Vinte e Quatro de Maio (24th of May) before being renamed to her original name in 1900.

Wayne

Epictetus

dear players. picture of the mysterious ship i have posted is not See Adler. However, the page i took it from has got title Monkbarns or See-adler... so in this case, we could take this answer as correct, as these ships aparently lookd almost identical.

source of the picture here: 

http://monkbarns.wordpress.com/tag/captain-james-donaldson/

source that winner probably found here:

http://monkbarns.wordpress.com/2010/06/28/a-sailors-life-28-monkbarns-or-see-adler-1917/

as you can see, ships look identical, i would say the pictures are the same. but the real ships were not the same. one of them was German raider, the other was the British sailing ship Monkbarns, circa 1918. German ship probably was built to look like british to slip through blockade...

so all in all, Trippwj, your turn...

Edited by maaaslo

Pavol stands for Paul, Pablo, Paolo etc. Please do not try to pronounce it, just call me Pav...

as i mentioned in my post, monkbarns was the ship i meant in my turn. but since there were two possibilities, i have to accept See Adler too...

Pavol stands for Paul, Pablo, Paolo etc. Please do not try to pronounce it, just call me Pav...

Hmmmm....this vessel was variously described as one of the most beautiful nd most interesting ships of the clipper era....and did I mention she was built in Maine?

Wayne

Epictetus

Snow Squall? I'd think you were from Maine with all these ME ships

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Sarah

Current Build:

Krabbenkutter CUX-87

Harriet Lane

Fishcutter GO-38

In the Wings:

Corel Victory Cross section

Completed Build:

USS Missouri minimissouri.jpgHMS Bounty's Jolly Boat thumbnail.jpg Peterboro Canoe tiny.jpg

No, not the Snow squall.  Yes, a transplant from Maine or, as they refer to us here in Arkansas, a Damn Yankee (that's one who came here and stayed).

Wayne

Epictetus

Red Jacket then? All these clippers look alike!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Sarah

Current Build:

Krabbenkutter CUX-87

Harriet Lane

Fishcutter GO-38

In the Wings:

Corel Victory Cross section

Completed Build:

USS Missouri minimissouri.jpgHMS Bounty's Jolly Boat thumbnail.jpg Peterboro Canoe tiny.jpg

Sorry Sarah - not the Red Jacket (and they are difficult to tell apart!).

Spyglass - you are correct - it is indeed the Nightingale.  She carried Jenny Lind as her figure head, and there are some interesting tales concerning the figurehead still today!

Your turn, Spyglass!

Wayne

Epictetus

lol - can someone please pm when there is a vessel I can answer- or we have a submarine one on

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat