Name the Ship Game

RMS Olympic

I don't believe it,I thought that may have been hard :D  :D Well done Seahorse,over to you

Kind Regards Nigel

When I first looked, I thought the same thing..."this is not going to be easy".... Mulled over it last night, and first thing this morning I took closer look at the picture in iPhoto. Zoomed in, enhanced it and adjusted the sharpness and contrast etc and what appears on the foremast...a crescent and star flag (well, at least what I thought it looked like..!!!)... She was a Turk

Seached "Turkish Three Deck Ship of the Line"....and after a bit of fine tuning...there she was. "MAHUDIYE"

OK, am off to my pic collection to find something requiring some detective work to solve......

Edited by Seahorse

OK, this one is for the modern day sailor. As far as I am aware this vessel is unique...a floating test-bed....Look closely, as it has something, that no other ship has. (As far as I am aware).

I will make it little easier with a clue...... NYK

post-7813-0-70608400-1383528321_thumb.jpg

That would explain the uniform and balanced flooding. With that much flooding that type of vessel having limited counter flooding ability's she should have rolled over if afloat.

jud

Ouch, something broken over there I guess....

But... it's not a laker?!?

Jan

A heavy low centre of gravity cargo may help keep her upright or there-a-bouts, else she may have settled on the bottom!

Hmmmmm just how deep are those Lakes? Not a 'Laker' Jan but perhaps sailing 'on' the lakes!

We might be onto something here :)

Eamonn

Next stop Google 'shipwrecks on the great lakes'

Current Build   :  HM Schooner Ballahoo

In the Pipeline :  HM Cutter Sherbourne, HM Mortar Convulsion, Emma C Berry & C18th English Longboat.. Eventually That Is..🙄

Sorry guys the only thing I got was a Load of lists with no photos and completely side-tracked by a Gordon Lightfoot song, I guess you all know the one :)

I can't believe how well preserved many of the Lakes wrecks are (of the ones I actually found pikkies of anyhoo)

Eamonn

In the Pipeline :  HM Cutter Sherbourne, HM Mortar Convulsion, Emma C Berry & C18th English Longboat.. Eventually That Is..🙄

Nordmeer chaps! - but i cheated !!

(accidentaly used Google images - not the done thing I feel!)

Didn't think that was cheating.....

Anyway...

Yeah, that's the Nordmeer. She ran aground in Northern Lake Huron in mid November 1966 (navigational error :rolleyes:). Efforts were made to get her off, and the crew stayed on board. 2 weeks later on November 29 a very bad storm struck, which put her in the condition you see here. She was declared a total constructive loss. Incidentally, that same storm was the one that sank the Daniel J Morell, with the loss of all but one crew member (Denis Hale). A coastguard boat that was removing crew from the Nordmeer was called away to assist looking for survivors of the other wreck.

When I started sailing, there were still large parts of the Nordmeer visible above the water, but over the years, ice and waves have reduced her to fragments, and nothing is visible anymore. The last time I recall seeing any bit of her was some time around 2006 or so.

Andy

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Spyglass - its only easy if you know the answer!

Here's the next from me...

post-891-0-18404100-1383655764_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

You got it Nigel, well done.

MV Kalakala was notable for her unique streamlined superstructure, art deco styling, and luxurious amenities. The vessel was a popular attraction for locals and tourists, and was voted second only to the Space Needle in popularity among visitors to Seattle during the 1962 Seattle World's Fair. The ship is known as the world's first streamlined vessel for her unique art deco styling.  Today she is in a little bit of a sad way despite attempts to restore her.

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

Imperial Japanese Battlecruiser Hiei  ?

My eyes are wrecked looking through Battleships and then onto Battle cruisers.. that's where I spotted the Tripod arrangement on some Japanese ships and thought it worth a closer look! at one point I thought it was the Kongo, and that's when I found the actual photo :)

Eamonn

Edited by egkb

Yes it is Hiei,not ypically Japanese in appearance at least not in this photo before all the platforms were added to the tripod mast.Congratulations Eamonn,when I found the last one,at first I googled Airstream boat,I ended up looking through everyone's holiday snaps and didn't find it :D  :D  :D

Kind Regards Nigel

P.S. 1hour and 40 minutes so I must be finding harder ones :D  :D  :D  :D

Currently working on Royal Caroline

Alas more 'Wrecks' from me...

No hints at all this time.. so perhaps it will take longer than 20 seconds, I'm looking at you Nigel  :)

Eamonn

post-5925-0-22429200-1383679158_thumb.jpg

Ok OK it might take 30 seconds instead!!

Well actually no sorry Eamonn,I was away from the PC up until 30minutes ago,I read your post and then chuckled when I saw the pic,I had seen it while searching for one of the others,anyway beats looking at pictures of someone having a BBQ next to their Airstream caravan :D  :D .I may be a little while I have something in mind to beat 1hr 40 mins :D  :D

Kind Regards Nigel

Currently working on Royal Caroline