Prince De Neufchatel by Azzoun - Model Shipways - 1/64

Hello, 

After being distracted with other projects, it’s time to resurrect a previous build log of this shelf queen, Model Shipways (Now not so popular) 1/64 Prince De Neufchatel.  Operated as a privateer for the United States during the War of 1812.     Started the project back in 2015 as my third build and suffered some analysis paralysis late 2018.   Since 2018, it has resided on the shelf in this current state.   Hull planking and deck planking (Alaskan Cedar) is completed on its completed base.   My daughter was born in 2016, it’d be very sentimental to complete this build considering this picture of her as an infant.    I have a better understanding of ship model building since then and am better equipped to get beyond the vague instructions and drawings.   I’ve also acquired the Smithsonian Plans which should also assist.   Plan to display bare poled, level of rigging is to be determined. 

IMG_5173.thumb.JPG.e06b1aba2920499f600f908c1cbfda94.JPGIMG_5174.thumb.JPG.4352ac124aa23f69b383043c985eca07.JPGIMG_4978.thumb.JPG.59d90f960bdd2ac99f2a913dad8e5132.JPGimage.thumb.jpeg.311df17fc413dff1886a2e2b3a3ea11b.jpeg

Rig it, Josh. You can do it.

Great Winter project leaning into the NE Conference next April, 2023.

Ron

Director, Nautical Research Guild

Secretary/Newsletter Editor, Philadelphia Ship Model Society

Former Member/Secretary for the Connecticut Marine Model Society

Current Build: Godspeed 2, (Wyoming, 6-masted Schooner)

Completed Builds: HMS Grecian, HMS Sphinx (as HMS CamillaOngakuka Maru, (Higaki Kaisen, It Takes A Village), Le Tigre Privateer, HMS Swan, HMS Godspeed, HMS Ardent, HMS Diana, Russian brig Mercury, Elizabethan Warship Revenge, Xebec Syf'Allah, USF Confederacy, HMS Granado, USS Brig Syren

1 hour ago, Derek Carroll said:

Just how exactly did you get the deck plate on. Mine seems very tight (even with some sanding) and I’m concerned that it might snap if I bend it to fit in.

I remember having to shave the openings up larger to get it to fit.. it wasn't a smooth experience.