RCMP St Roch by EdwardZ - FINISHED - Billing Boats BB605 - 1:72 Scale

Hi All, 

After having couple speed build videos completed on my YouTube channel, I got my first sponsored model kit, the BB605 RCMP St.Roch 1:72 scale from Billing Boats. 

This was an advanced beginner kit and should be very straightforward. The plan was good but the instructions could be better. The kit was well packaged and so far I did NOT see anything missing. 

I will keep the build log coming and as usual to film the entire build process and upload to YouTube after done. Hopefully, my build log and final video can provide some help to anyone who likes to build the legendary boat model. 

Thank you and good luck building!  

IMG_2454.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

IMG_2459.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,
I am making some progress on my St.Roch build. Certainly it is doubled the work with filming and building at the same time, but I think the final video will be good.
I think I just developed a new hobby while I was enjoying another.

I also paid a visit to the Vancouver Maritime Museum and took some pictures of the real boat last Friday.
RCMP St. Roch was very famous boat back in the 60s and 70s, unfortunately, only few people were there the day I visited. Maybe some new technology could be used or involved to attract more people to the museum.Hi all,
I am making some progress on my St.Roch build. Certainly it is doubled the work with filming and building at the same time, but I think the final video will be good.
I think I just developed a new hobby while I was enjoying another.

I also paid a visit to the Vancouver Maritime Museum and took some pictures of the real boat last Friday.
RCMP St. Roch was very famous boat back in the 60s and 70s, unfortunately, only few people were there the day I visited. Maybe some new technology could be used or involved to attract more people to the museum.

IMG_2488.jpg

IMG_2491.jpg

IMG_2519.jpg

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2528.jpg

IMG_2583.jpg

IMG_2584.jpg

IMG_2633.jpg

IMG_2594.jpg

IMG_2596.jpg

IMG_2597.jpg

IMG_2602.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

IMG_2607.jpg

IMG_2608.jpg

IMG_2609.jpg

IMG_2611.jpg

IMG_2612.jpg

IMG_2587.jpg

IMG_2588.jpg

IMG_2591.jpg

That's a treat to see the real thing in person!

P.S. When copying and pasting text, look for the 'paste as plain text' option -- that eliminates the tan shading.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Salmson 2

• 4 weeks later...

I have finally finished my BB605 St.Roch. I think the final result is very good. It was a fun kit to build. I really enjoyed the process.
Please check out my speed build video below. In the video, you will find: - Unboxing the kit, - Building key parts of the model, - Short visit to the real boat at Vancouver Maritime Museum. Hope you will enjoy. 

Thank you and good luck building to all!

IMG_4386.JPG

IMG_4398.JPG

IMG_4403.JPG

IMG_4438.JPG

IMG_4439.JPG

IMG_4443.JPG

IMG_4449.JPG

IMG_4451.JPG

IMG_4466.JPG

IMG_4489.JPG

IMG_4505.JPG

• 2 weeks later...