Other members' albums in my gallery

While any repair is going on:

Are we sure that a 3D digital model fits the definition of scratch built?

NRG member 45 years

Current:  

HMS Centurion 1732 - 60-gun 4th rate - Navall Timber framing

HMS Beagle 1831 refiit  10-gun brig with a small mizzen - Navall (ish) Timber framing

The U.S. Ex. Ex. 1838-1842
Flying Fish 1838  pilot schooner -  framed - ready for stern timbers
Porpose II  1836  brigantine/brig - framed - ready for hawse and stern timbers
Vincennes  1825  Sloop-of-War  -  timbers assembled, need shaping
Peacock  1828  Sloop-of -War  -  timbers ready for assembly
Sea Gull  1838  pilot schooner -  timbers ready for assembly
Relief  1835  ship - timbers ready for assembly

Other

Portsmouth  1843  Sloop-of-War  -  timbers ready for assembly
Le Commerce de Marseilles  1788   118 cannons - framed

La Renommee 1744 Frigate - framed - ready for hawse and stern timbers

Jaager, I think you are talking about the incomplete 3D graphics model, which has recently uploaded weekly.

In my opinion, the posts are violating in two terms; (1) The project seems incomplete because it is frequently updated. Assuming the 3D model posts are incomplete, the fair place to upload the posts is the "CAD and 3D modelling plans." (2) The posts may not match with kind of the culture of the bulletin. The "one-time" post is the general use of the gallery. Although there isn't an explicit usage guide in the gallery, most members used to upload only their finest and polished models, which can be a good reference for other members' builds. The "updating" project is vulnerable.

I wish the member would roughly research the gallery and understand the characteristic of the bulletin.

I agree that the 3D models don't fit the current categories of the gallery bulletin, but uploading in the scratch build category is not that bad. I think the 3D model is kind of a plan and a reference. We build models, and it is a useful way to build an accurate model. If the model has the master quality of the NMM contemporary models, the post can be uploaded in the "Gallery of the contemporary models and private collections," in my opinion. Of course, any 3D model post should be a completed project.

To be honest, I don't want to see any 3D models on the main page unless the gallery impose the 3D web-cruising function, that allows user to rotate and zoom in and out.

Edited by modeller_masa

1 hour ago, modeller_masa said:

In my opinion, the posts are violating in two terms; (1) The project seems incomplete because it is frequently updated.

Images of incomplete builds and loose photos get culled on a regular basis (where 'culled' = whenever a moderator gets around to it!).

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

A 3D model is indeed a model and worthy of being placed in the gallery.  But the same rules apply.   It must only be images of the completed 3d model.  All others will be discarded.   We dont have enough of them to warrant its own category yet but that is a new type of hobby modelling.   Just as valid as wood or plastic.   

If you set up your album as public so anyone can post in it then it is likely other members who dont know what they are doing will be able to select it and add photos.   It could happen.   Just notify a moderator and we will delete them.   In addition, we still have folks just adding photos in the gallery to the wrong category or not within an album.   These are routinely discarded as well.   You must create an album for each finished model.  Then add your images to that.  

Chuck

If a member sets up an album with their photos, is the member able to edit and delete any photos in their album?

NRG member 45 years

Current:  

HMS Centurion 1732 - 60-gun 4th rate - Navall Timber framing

HMS Beagle 1831 refiit  10-gun brig with a small mizzen - Navall (ish) Timber framing

The U.S. Ex. Ex. 1838-1842
Flying Fish 1838  pilot schooner -  framed - ready for stern timbers
Porpose II  1836  brigantine/brig - framed - ready for hawse and stern timbers
Vincennes  1825  Sloop-of-War  -  timbers assembled, need shaping
Peacock  1828  Sloop-of -War  -  timbers ready for assembly
Sea Gull  1838  pilot schooner -  timbers ready for assembly
Relief  1835  ship - timbers ready for assembly

Other

Portsmouth  1843  Sloop-of-War  -  timbers ready for assembly
Le Commerce de Marseilles  1788   118 cannons - framed

La Renommee 1744 Frigate - framed - ready for hawse and stern timbers

5 minutes ago, Jaager said:

If a member sets up an album with their photos, is the member able to edit and delete any photos in their album?

Yes.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane