Amerigo Vespucci by DanielD - OcCre - 1:100

Good evening mates, just a quick weekend update on the progress of my Amerigo Vespucci. The main mast hardware and paint is complete and installed into the hull for the last time.

IMG_5303.jpeg

Edited by DanielD

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Good evening mates, it’s been well over a week since my last update. It’s not because I’ve been lazy, but rather the fore mast has been a bit of a challenge as it has an additional platform with spot lights and railings. Also, it has a radar installation with a wire cage that was a challenge to get to look more like the real AV. Not to mention the marker light at the top of the mast and deck lighting under the platform and all the associated wiring. It’s now ready to primer and paint. Should be another week or so before final installation on ship.

IMG_5320.jpeg

IMG_5321.jpeg

IMG_5323.jpeg

Edited by DanielD

Good afternoon mates, I had a bit of time in the shipyard today and completed the installation of the last lighting effect, the Amerigo Vespucci traditional in port lighting. The only hard part…finding a location in the house that is dark during the day for the photo.

IMG_5352.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon mates, it’s been awhile since last update…life has just been busy.

Been working (slowly) on a set of stairs leading to above the main bridge. The real Amerigo Vespucci has wooden steps, almost ladder like, with brass handrails and brass stair tread protectors. I’ve attempted to build something similar.

IMG_5363.jpeg

IMG_5364.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Good evening mates, it’s been awhile since my last post. Been working on the chainplates and temporary shrouds to get an idea where the rest of the deck equipment will need to go as well as equipment that will hang off the sides of the ship.

IMG_5372.jpeg

IMG_5373.jpeg

Edited by DanielD

It looks fantastc!

PvG Aussie (Peter) Started modelling Jan 2022.  Joined MSW March 2024. Quote: Rome wasn't built in a day!

Current Build:   Das Werk WWI German U-Boat SM U-9 (1:72)

Past Builds:       Artesania Latina (AL) Belem   (1:75),  AL Vasa (1:65)  , Scratch build Australia II SIB (1:225), AL Bluenose II (1:75)  AL Bounty (1:48),  AL Endeavour (1:65)

Trumpeter Bismarck (1:200),  Border Models Avro Lancaster Bomber (1:32),  AL Fokker Dr1 (1:16) PLUS approx 13 ships in bottles

Good evening, more progress on some deck equipment. These platforms started from the kit parts, but rapidly moved into scratch built. 🤷‍♂️

IMG_5385.jpeg

Good morning mates, been slowly working on a set of platforms for my AV. Nearly have the second one done, a few touch ups to do then figure out how to manufacture the canopy for this platform. Close…so close to be finished with these.

IMG_5392.jpeg

IMG_5393.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening mates, I have finally finished the four platforms that hang off the side of the Amerigo Vespucci. Now on to the next task, I’m thinking the containers for the life rafts.

IMG_5420.jpeg

IMG_5421.jpeg

IMG_5422.jpeg

New task at hand, working on the 18 life raft containers scattered around the ship. In these photos I have completed the frame of the first pair of rafts.

IMG_5423.jpeg

IMG_5424.jpeg

IMG_5425.jpeg