It is a safe place to sell MODEL SHIPWAYS in Amazon

Gus M

Hello

I do not know where to put this, I think it is here, but if it is not please, that a moderator change it to its proper place.

Searching on Amazon I have found this model of MODEL SHIPWAYS, the boat is very nice, but there is something that does not fit me on it....two sellers and the prices are very different.

As I think this boat is a design and creation of @Chuck I would like to know if the sellers are legal or it is a pirate sale, I don't know if there are authorized sellers to sell MODEL SHIPWAYS boat KIts and I also don't understand the difference in prices.

If someone can help me I would appreciate it, it is a very nice boat and the price seems to me very good, but I do not want to buy something that is not correct and its sale is not authorized.

PS it could also be that it came to them second hand, I do not know.

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B0144YQR7W/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_4?smid=A24CJETPKP2FEK&psc=1

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07ZFJQXSR/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_5?smid=AC2L47LLG777B&psc=1

Thank you in advance for your attention and answers.

Gus

Greetings

Gus

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Current build log:

San Francisco Cross Section

Gus…honestly only Model Expo can tell you that.  They are both selling a legit kit.  One is very overpriced.  

Buy the cheaper one!!!

4 hours ago, Gus Martinez said:

PS it could also be that it came to them second hand, I do not know.

That's probably the case here. Anybody can resell stuff on Amazon, and some such sellers have little to no idea how much a second-hand kit is worth.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

Gus…honestly only Model Expo can tell you that.  They are both selling a legit kit.  One is very overpriced.  

Buy the cheaper one!!!

thank you @Chuck

I imagine that for a beginner it is too difficult? or is it possible to try?

Edited by Gus Martinez

Greetings

Gus

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Current build log:

San Francisco Cross Section

It's a 'buyer beware' world out there.  I recall years ago on a user group where someone pointed out what was supposedly an out of production kit for a high price.  One respondent made a comment that he found five copies of the kit at his local K-mart at a fraction of the cost.  While it mighthave been an 'out of production' kit. it was still readily available. 

As pointed out, new folks to the hobby don't have a feel for what pricing should be and therefore a good deal. It's hard of us with a bit of knowledge to dig out such information, much less a person new to the hobby. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Robert Chenoweth

Current Build: Maine Peapod; Midwest Models; 1/14 scale.

In the research department:

Nothing at this time.

Completed models (Links to galleries): 

Monitor and Merrimack; Metal Earth; 1:370 and 1:390 respectively.  (Link to Build Log.)

Shrimp Boat; Lindbergh; 1/60 scale (as commission for my brother - a tribute to a friend of his)

North Carolina Shad Boat; half hull lift; scratch built.  Scale: (I forgot).  Done at a class at the NC Maritime Museum.

Dinghy; Midwest Models; 1/12 scale

(Does LEGO Ship in a Bottle count?)

4 hours ago, ccoyle said:

That's probably the case here. Anybody can resell stuff on Amazon, and some such sellers have little to no idea how much a second-hand kit is worth.

The other side of that coin, there are people who buy stuff at retail prices then turn around sell it on Amazon at a huge markup. Trying to pull the same scamy stunt as concert ticket resellers….

This guy offers a good explanation:

Andy

Edited by realworkingsailor

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy