Hello everyone,

I am interested in the Galley Washington Plans offered by the NRG and have a few questions. On the NRG site, it shows that the plans come with a CD. Does mean that the plans have to be down loaded from the CD or are the plans printed? Also, the 1:1 length of the Washington is 72'. This would mean at 1:48 scale the length would be 18". Is that correct.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Bill

Bill:

There is no CD provided.  The 10 sheets of 24" x 36" plans are mailed rolled to the purchaser - not folded.  The monograph, lumber list and flag are PDF files that are downloaded from our store -  you can download this information at any time - check it out if you are deciding if its a project for you.  The monograph is meant to be printed out by the purchaser as needed.  Many download and print all the pages at one time and put them in a binder.  Others print the pages out as needed.

Whatever you choose to do I highly recommend you read and understand all 64 pages of the monograph BEFORE you start the construction.  I also recommend that you save the monograph on your hard drive for ease of use.

Take care,

Kurt

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS

CLUBS

Nautical Research & Model Ship Society of Chicago

Midwest Model Shipwrights

North Shore Deadeyes

The Society of Model Shipwrights

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for the information and the quick reply. I have no idea where I got the idea that there was a CD included with the plans. I guess I was looking at too many things in the internet. 

I have been looking for a first POF project. I have gotten several sets of plan and monographs that were described as being good for a first POF build, but I found them too difficult to understand. I have been looking at some very nice build threads for the Washington and the plans along with the monograph appear to give a good opportunity for success.

Thanks,

Bill