Pen Duick by jpalmer1970 - FINISHED - Artesania Latina - 1:28

5 hours ago, jpalmer1970 said:

I realised this morning that I had actually omitted to glue on the little round ball that sits on top of the ensign staff 

OK, now the model is finished! 😁20240212_180920.thumb.jpg.556d70f77a4f3386d1de34115d48d057.jpg

-‐-‐--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Build Hayling Hoy 1760 - First POF scratch build

Completed HMB Endeavour's Longboat by Artesania Latina

Completed HM Armed Cutter Alert by Vanguard Models

Completed 18ft cutter and 34ft launch by Vanguard Models

Completed Pen Duick by Artesania Latina

5 hours ago, jpalmer1970 said:

Next on the list is a very quick build of a Napoleonic French field gun.

20230810_162915.thumb.jpg.bef04d0cf2285ef239a4d78c8199e7ed.jpg

After that I will be returning to ship building and I'm going to try my hand at a scratch build of the Hayling Hoy.

20231003_141218.thumb.jpg.5d55a503c470ab0584cbf1692a438224.jpg

I must admit to feeling somewhat out of my depth with this as it will be a completely new level or woodwork for me. I have bought the required tools I need such as a thicknesser and scroll saw but have no idea how to use them properly 😀 I foresee that there will be a lot of sawdust and do overs. The Hayling Hoy will be a very long term project for me which works well because I don't really have a lot of space to display more models!

I will be interested to see your work on the Hayling Hoy, I have that book and like you feel it will be the cause of much sawdust and cursing on my part!  So it sits on the book shelf for now…

21 hours ago, AJohnson said:

I will be interested to see your work on the Hayling Hoy, I have that book and like you feel it will be the cause of much sawdust and cursing on my part!  So it sits on the book shelf for now…

I plan to have a build log for it, where I will hopefully reap the benefit of advice and guidance from more experienced scratch builders. It may be a couple of months before I am up and running with it but please do look in 👍

-‐-‐--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Build Hayling Hoy 1760 - First POF scratch build

Completed HMB Endeavour's Longboat by Artesania Latina

Completed HM Armed Cutter Alert by Vanguard Models

Completed 18ft cutter and 34ft launch by Vanguard Models

Completed Pen Duick by Artesania Latina