Question to whoever has bought CAF HMS Enterprize 1/48 kit

Ulises Victoria

So I decided to take the plunge and buy The Enterprise directly from CAF instead of the a bit cheaper kit ($1,218 as a complete kit) from banned ZHL.

Please help me here. The kit is priced at $1,288 USD. But when I try to add it to the cart, it asks me to select an option: If I select "B all" the price goes up to $1,688; that's $422 USD up. If I select any of the other options, C1, C2, C3, B1, B2, it then shows a price between 298 and 500 USD. What gives??? I had the $1,288 price as my budget to buy this kit. 

I'll appreciate any comments.

Thank you in advance.

PS: It looks like ZHL is acquiring this kit directly from CAF, (true or false?) which to me it means it is not counterfeited. Thank you. Please bear in mind that I don't want to infringe the Anti-piracy policies of this group.

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

35 minutes ago, Ulises Victoria said:

It looks like ZHL is acquiring this kit directly from CAF, (true or false?) which to me it means it is not counterfeited.

No, it's counterfeit. 

Concerning the payment issue,  can I suggest you contact Tom at CAF?  He is a member of MSW and can be reached by PM.

I have found him to be helpful and easy to communicate with. 

🌻

STAY SAFE

A model shipwright and an amateur historian are heads & tails of the same coin

current builds:

HMS Berwick 1775, 1/192 scratchbuild; a Slade 74 in the Navy Board style

Mediator sloop, 1/48 - an 18th century transport scratchbuild 

French longboat - CAF - 1/48, on hold

I believe Tom sells his kits two ways... one is the complete kit.  The other is what he calls "sessions" were the kit is broken down into sub-kits.   You might contact him (he is a member here):  cafmodel.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thank you guys. I wll contact him.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

5 hours ago, mtaylor said:

I believe Tom sells his kits two ways... one is the complete kit.  The other is what he calls "sessions" were the kit is broken down into sub-kits.   You might contact him (he is a member here):  cafmodel.

Hello. Excuse my ignorance. I am not able to find member cafmodel in the community area. 

Go to the search engine at the very top of the MSW forum page and type in CAF models and you will get all the conversations about his models. His avatar name will be attached to one of those discussions and just click on his name and send him a personal message. He is good in responding

Mike Draper

Mike Draper

Whitehorse, Yukon

Canada

Member, Nautical Research Guild

If you can't get to him that way, the website for CAF has a "contact us" area with an email address.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)