HMS Victory by Glenn-UK - Caldercraft - 1/72

Coming along nicely :-)

Cheers, Daniel

To victory and beyond! http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/76-hms-victory-by-dafi-to-victory-and-beyond/

See also our german forum for Sailing Ship Modeling and History: http://www.segelschiffsmodellbau.com/

Finest etch parts for HMS Victory 1:100 (Heller Kit) and other useful bits.

http://dafinismus.de/index_en.html

Hello Glenn.

You must love your new baby, the lathe..  The results from it look crisp and true.  I don't remember having the problem trying to get a square peg in a round hole.  Did I do something different?  Who can remember?

In any event, you are really coming along so nicely and all your work looks to be top notch.

I am a NY Ranger hockey fan and I'm about to watch them as they begin a crucial series towards the Stanley Cup with the Tampa (Florida) Bay Lightning.  I have a hard time watching the game on TV because of its speed but it's better than not seeing it at all.

You are really coming along toward a top notch model...Keep up the great work..

Best,

Jerry

Edited by Jerry

Hello again

While I can remember, if you look at the photo ( Gil's) if you see the criss crossing thread , (don't know the name now) fit that now or before you start any rigging. It tells you to fit it later when it is surrounded with threads. The thread that fits onto it can just be tucked In between the mast and criss cross thread. DAVID

post-96-0-95768000-1431803373_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shipyard sid

• 5 weeks later...

Its been a while since my last post, progress slowed up a bit due to some major developments at work, all will be resolved one way or another this week, either I'll still working or I will have taken early retirement (aged 57!).

Anyway I have completed the hammock netting on the starboard side.

I have also made the main and mizzan lower masts and associated tops.

Over the next few weeks I plan to complete the port side hammock netting, complete the painting of the lower deck cannons and glue in position and complete the manufacture of the main and mizzan masts parts.

post-7550-0-78316900-1434479729_thumb.jpg

post-7550-0-00505500-1434479740_thumb.jpg

post-7550-0-65524800-1434479750_thumb.jpg

post-7550-0-39062800-1434479760_thumb.jpg

Glenn (UK)

Hello Glenn...

The Maasdam is just leaving Charlottetown, PrinceEdward Island as I write this.  Weare heading for Sydney Nova Scotia where we will dock in the morning.  I miss tinkering around in the dry dock but to tell the truth, the break is probably doing me some good.  Unfortunately I picked up a bit of intestinal Flu and was sick for a few days but am feeling much better now.  We'll be back in our house Saturday night.

Your Victory continues to look beautiful.  You are indeed a master model builder and I am happy to have been able to witness your skillls.  The progress looks perfect and will net you a trophy model.

Best,

Jerry

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick note, having been made redundant and deciding to take early retirement at the end of last month the build work ground to a halt as I started do some jobs around the house I finally made time and resumed to the build today. No pictures as I continue to complete the work on the lower fore, main and maiden masts.

Edited by Glennard

Glenn (UK)

Work as been delayed on the Victory as I decided to build a 1/32 scale model of the Spitfire which is nearly complete, I just needs the final paint job.

So today I finally made time and got around to rigging the two final cannons and 2 carronades. I just have to add 4 coils to the carronades.

Pictures attached

post-7550-0-85436300-1437160291_thumb.jpgpost-7550-0-48364600-1437160300_thumb.jpgpost-7550-0-23818000-1437160309_thumb.jpgpost-7550-0-96633500-1437160318_thumb.jpg

Glenn (UK)

• 2 weeks later...

belated birthday wishes

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

MHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

Hercules by Kevin - OcCre - 1/50 - Tugboat - Finished - May 2024

Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

• 6 years later...