Looking for old article from MSW 1

Back in the days of MSW, there was an article written about scaling plans for printing using PhotoShop or any other image editing program. Would anyone still have a copy?

Thanks,

Pat

Pat

~~~~~~~

Current Build - Midwest Chesapeake Flattie

Next Build - Wye River Models "Virginia Built" Round Stern Workboat

I don't know if you're referring to Rex Boocock's articles which are posted in the downloads section. The first of the series details Photoshop and AutoCAD importing. It's called "CREATING NEW SHIP DRAWINGS FROM EXISTING IMAGE FILES - PART 1".

Re-sizing in both is very easy.

Tony

No, the document I a referring to was primarily dealing with scaling in photoshop for printing. Thanks for the suggestion.

Pat

Pat

~~~~~~~

Hi Pat, I'm using german version of PhotoShop, so the names of functions may be wrong. For rescaling e.g. from 1:48 to 1:24 go to Image->image size option, change units to %, and type 200. Check the "maintain ratio" and "recalculate image" ckeckbox. Click OK :D

The formel for scale ratio in %: divide given scale by need scale and multiple by 100.

Alex

Current build: HMS Sphynx, 20 gun ship launched in 1775 at Portsmouth, Hampshire.

On the drawing board: HMS Anson, 64 gun third rate ship of the line, launched in 1781 at Plymouth

Banner_AKHS.png

I found the tutorial on the remnants of the old MSW by using the Wayback Machine http://archive.org/web/

It does not have the original photos that accompanied it, but the text is all there. 

The document is called Digitizing and scaling plans in Photoshop by a member that went by the handle of Cut-Throat Jake. 

I tried to search the members list for this name but didn't have any luck. 

Thanks!

Pat

~~~~~~~

That is an old article.  Sadly, Cut-Throat Jake passed away.  It's possible that someone may have the article though with all the iterations of Photoshop since then, it may work entirely different.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I'm very sorry to hear that. It's a great piece of info, I appreciate his work. It has helped me understand adjusting my plans for a future scratch build. 

Would it be worth updating the document with current photos? The majority of the instructions are still valid. 

Thanks,

Pat

Pat

~~~~~~~

Pat,

Update it and contact Chuck (the admin) about putting it in the database.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 6 years later...
On 2/13/2014 at 12:51 PM, acdblujns said:

I found the tutorial on the remnants of the old MSW by using the Wayback Machine http://archive.org/web/

It does not have the original photos that accompanied it, but the text is all there. 

The document is called Digitizing and scaling plans in Photoshop by a member that went by the handle of Cut-Throat Jake. 

I tried to search the members list for this name but didn't have any luck. 

Thanks!

Does any one have a copy of this photoshop article? 

Cheers, Guy
The Learner
Current Member NRG,SMA

Current Build: HMS Triton 1:48 on line