Spanish Galleon 1607 by kirill4 - Lee - PLASTIC - 1:100

some funny things from our seamen life... recently one of my colegue shared this video ... this guys , instead of gulls , they are brave ! They are traveling from ship to ship in big group and try to find where is food for free, ... they have funny faces :))) and even can bite if someone crossed private borders ! :))) .... the Chief Mate asks them to go away because they shitted all over deck of  his vessel and hide fish in wrong places... but they don't agree with his demands

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/iJn8/pjcR49xRR

• 1 month later...

Good times, being a fisherman. I sometimes go fishing with my dad in a small boat. We fish for trout. I remember my first time charter fishing, and it was incredible. 

And yes, gulls can get pretty brave. They wait in the morning just after you go out to sea, because they know when you will drop the fish guts in the water from last night. 

20200805_054019.thumb.jpg.253c32699111cebd60493e90be714ad2.jpg

August 5, 2020, 4:00 A.M. 

Edited by Ferrus Manus

Good day,

I never saw gulls directly interact with people like this birds do 

• 2 weeks later...

They say cold, snowing...and "0" modeling...:)))

I'm not at home till May. We are working between Cuba and New Orlean...

Edited by kirill4

Your galleon is a masterpiece in every respect !  It shows what can be achieved with patience, research and skill - regardless of the primary hull medium.  I tip my hat to you, sir.

Completed builds:  Khufu Solar Barge - 1:72 Woody Joe

Current project(s): Gorch Fock restoration 1:100, Billing Wasa (bust) - 1:100 Billings, Great Harry (bust) 1:88 ex. Sergal 1:65

Good day,

Thank You very much for your attention and kind comments!:)

I m glad You like my little galleon experiment . 

@kirill4 On a fishing trip? that must be exciting! I am just glad you're too old to be drafted. You're OUR Kirill, not the Kremlin's. Eventually you'll get back home to a (hopefully) warmer city, back to your family, your house, and your wonderful Galleon. 

Making a model is one thing, teaching someone else to build the same model is something different. 

Edited by Ferrus Manus

• 1 month later...

Kirill4 your Spanish Galleon is so frequently mentioned in comments throughout MSW I had to search for your build and read through it. What a fantastic job you did with this model. Your painting skills are second to nobody. You should be very proud, and I have no doubt you are. I will definitely refer to this build for inspiration during my current and future builds, regardless of the ship being built!

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)

Dear friends, colleagues in hobby,( all said bellow - google translated -have fan ! :)))

I hasten to share joyful news! )) For me, at least for sure! The other day I painted the stands for this Galleon model,

the idea that I had a couple of years in my head, probably, finally got its practical embodiment so to speak ... I ordered the elements of the decor of the stand on the "shop of the masters"( there is site in Russia where we could get some artistic hand made things of all kind  , if we could say that),

I cut the excess a little, so that it would more or less fit into the concept "stand holders " for the Galleon model ... .. about the photo shoot - I shot Samsung on the phone, and the quality of the photos ... in my opinion, as if very not very much , if not worse, but my just "normal "camera "Nikon" is bent unfortunately - I can’t insert the batteries into it - it gets out that the wrong battery system !!! :, and there is no other alternative yet ... In addition to quality, also the background, is not homogeneity as it should be for good model representation? but for the moment this is all I have ...

Wish you all the best of the best!!!  :) 

Kirill

20240520_221208.jpg

20240520_214550.jpg

20240521_210348.jpg

20240521_210428.jpg

20240523_101147.jpg

20240523_101224.jpg

20240523_104752.jpg

20240523_104850.jpg

20240523_104914.jpg

20240523_105221.jpg

20240523_105339.jpg

20240523_105411-1.jpg

20240523_105741.jpg

20240523_105859-1.jpg

20240523_110032.jpg

Edited by kirill4

Excellent work!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

Good day, 

Dear Michael, Dave, Marc, GrandpaPhil,

Thank you very much for attention and your kind comments!

Wish you all the best!

Kirill