BenF89

40' Cruising Sailboat by BenF89 - 1:12 Scale - SMALL

Well, I finished installing the decking. I planked all the way into the galley:

D52AC23F-1056-45D3-8150-1AEA9D4B3DF9.thumb.jpeg.c694ee27e47ca6d5dff00b18f816884a.jpeg

Decking into Galley 

And an overall shot showing all the decking:

9E21F104-D4C9-432C-BD43-26EAD54D419D.thumb.jpeg.d831a82f84d063ba0956a5d2f0e38083.jpeg

Accommodation Flooring Overview

Next up will be sanding, filling, and finishing. Not sure what I’ll tackle during/after that process.

Thanks for looking in!

INTERIOR DECK FINISHING - PART 1

I was able to get the first round of fill/sand/stain done. It was nice outside, so I could work without bothering the family with the smell of filler and stain, or the noise of my brand new Dremel stylus tool that I got specially for sanding the floor and other tight spaces.

The first picture is the result of filling & sanding, before the first coat of stain.

9353F22C-18B2-4D71-A06D-65EF227863A2.thumb.jpeg.8bf5dc83a728e78d8a852ff0bb998ead.jpeg

Interior Deck Filled and Sanded

It’s not perfect, but once I finish the stain/sand/repeat process, I think it’ll be ok. There’s a ways to go, as can be seen in the picture below of the first application of the stain. Technically, it’s scratch remover for dark wood, but we already had it and I didn’t want to buy like a quart of wood stain for such a small area. I think it’ll work out after a few coats.

ECAE1A62-C532-4F99-BEBD-47D8B33A089A.thumb.jpeg.524cee9bd291f322abad1c40587a6d11.jpeg

First Coat of Finish Applied

I personally liked a light shade for the deck, but the kids voted that they liked it dark (I had a sample section of dark in a spot that’ll be hidden). So I made it to customer specifications. Hoping to get another shot at sanding and then a second coat it while it’s still nice this afternoon. I have tomorrow off, too, so that might allow some opportunity.