My "TWO-SIDED PLAN TABLE or "TWO-WAY"

FRIENDS,

Well as my adventures in getting my shop together. One big issue with me as is with others. Is an area for your model to be built. But you also need an area for your plans. I have seen others will have their plans under glass and their model on top. Others build a drawer and they slide the drawer open, then close it to get close to their project to work on. Some have them pinned on the walls. So this was one big issue I really had to think things out. So I had so many ideas running through my head. Until finally I found one that would work for me.

I JUST NEED A DEDICATED AREA FOR MY PLANS FOR RESEARCH, INTERPRETING, ECT.

1.  I needed something I did not have to worry about fitting my model and plans in the same area. But still had them close enough so all I had to do was turn and there they are.

2.  At the end of the day roll them back up and put them away. When I’d rather leave them out.

3.  When I take measurements from my plans I much more preferred to be standing and have the plans basically on the wall. I just think I take better measurements rather then stooping over plans that are flat on a table.

4. But I also needed to have them laid flat to see if my new part fleshly made matches the plans.

5. And one really big issue. Leaving my plans out. But not in the way when doing other things around the house.

6. I also hate to waste space. I like to use every bit.

There are other reasons but too many to mention. But I hope you get my drift….

So I came up with my “TWO-SIDED PLAN TABLE” or “TWO-WAY”

post-1053-0-04447900-1434945674_thumb.jpg       post-1053-0-63108100-1434945685_thumb.jpg    post-1053-0-68493200-1434945699_thumb.jpg   

post-1053-0-55968300-1434945711_thumb.jpg      post-1053-0-42384600-1434945723_thumb.jpg      post-1053-0-92574700-1434945733_thumb.jpg

post-1053-0-28883200-1434945743_thumb.jpg     post-1053-0-44496200-1434945753_thumb.jpg     

post-1053-0-77386000-1434945763_thumb.jpg
When the table is down I can also pin a 3rd plan to the wall. No more switching from plan to plan most will be dsplayed for my use.... So my shop is getting there.

MARIO

Thank You all...

Mario

:piratetongueor4:  :piratetongueor4:

"Each of us is a mixture of some good and some not so good qualities. In considering one's fellow man it's important to remember the good things ... We should refrain from making judgments just because a fella happens to be a dirty, rotten SOB(biscuit) ;) "

My Builds....

BETTEAU WAR OF 1812     BOUNTY LAUNCH(bashed)    CHESAPEAKE BAY FLATTIE

THE SEA of GALILEE BOAT   VICTORIAN STEAM LAUNCH(bashed)    HOWARD CHAPELLE's CRABBING SKIFF

LADY KATHRINE 1812 SCHOONER

That's a great idea, Mario.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks for likes and the comments my friends.

Mario :D

Thank You all...

Mario

:piratetongueor4:  :piratetongueor4:

"Each of us is a mixture of some good and some not so good qualities. In considering one's fellow man it's important to remember the good things ... We should refrain from making judgments just because a fella happens to be a dirty, rotten SOB(biscuit) ;) "

My Builds....

BETTEAU WAR OF 1812     BOUNTY LAUNCH(bashed)    CHESAPEAKE BAY FLATTIE

THE SEA of GALILEE BOAT   VICTORIAN STEAM LAUNCH(bashed)    HOWARD CHAPELLE's CRABBING SKIFF

LADY KATHRINE 1812 SCHOONER