Royal Louis by umeckt - 1/72 scale

hello to all. this is my build log of the royal Louis. I had the frames laser cut out and scaled to 1/72 scale from the plans of 1/90. a company in pennsylvania  did the work from plans I sent him. I have started to build her and am working on the1st  planking of the hull. the frames and the decks are in place. the deck planking is maple with a cote of clear on them. so far no problems with anything. made my own holders for the false guns. cutting out the gun ports using a scroll saw blade. will post pictures hopefully this weekend if I can figure it out. terry

Edited by umeckt

Terry,

Have a look here:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/540-how-to-add-pictures-in-your-posts-and-pms/  In that same sub-forum are quite a few pinned topics to help you with MSW.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Very nice, I will be following this one. 

BTW a mod might like to move this thread from "scratch build" to the kit forum. 

Regards, Keith

gallery_1526_572_501.jpg 2007 (completed): HMS Bounty - Artesania Latina  gallery_1526_579_484.jpg 2013 (completed): Viking Ship Drakkar - Amati  post-1526-0-02110200-1403452426.jpg 2014 (completed): HMS Bounty Launch - Model Shipways

post-1526-0-63099100-1404175751.jpg Current: HMS Royal William - Euromodel

Very very Impressive. She is going to be a monster. What will it measure when complete?

• 7 months later...

Wow... that looks incredible... I'm also building a Royal Louis, but in a smaller scale. I'll keep looking at yours for reference and details!

----

Currently scratch  building (wood, plastic and lots of other materials) a Royal Louis

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/15003-royal-louis-by-fmartins-multi-media/ 

... let's see if it survives my poor hands...