Hi all, I'm looking for a supplier of 1/200 or 1/250 brass photo-etch railings for a new project. I've tried Cornwall Boats in the UK, but their website keeps getting blocked by my browser when I try to create an account. I've also tried their supplier - RB Fittings in Poland, but there seems to be a problem on their part when I try to add an item to my checkout basket - there seems to be no way to actually select the item I want. Again with RB, my browser warned me it was an unsecure site but this time it let me actually create an account - to no avail.

Any suggestions?

:cheers:  Danny

Cheers, Danny

________________________________________________________________________________
Current Build :    Forced Retirement from Modelling due to Health Issues

Build Logs :   Norfolk Sloop  HMS Vulture - (TFFM)  HMS Vulture Cross-section  18 foot Cutter    Concord Stagecoach   18th Century Longboat in a BOTTLE 

CARD Model Build Logs :   Mosel   Sydney Opera House (Schreiber-Bogen)   WWII Mk. IX Spitfire (Halinski)  Rolls Royce Merlin Engine  Cape Byron Lighthouse (HMV)       Stug 40 (Halinski)    Yamaha MT-01   Yamaha YA-1  HMS Hood (Halinski)  Bismarck (GPM)  IJN Amatsukaze 1940 Destroyer (Halinski)   HMVS Cerberus   Mi24D Hind (Halinski)  Bulgar Steam Locomotive - (ModelikTanker and Beer Wagons (Modelik)  Flat Bed Wagon (Modelik)  Peterbuilt Semi Trailer  Fender Guitar  

Restorations for Others :  King of the Mississippi  HMS Victory
Gallery : Norfolk Sloop,   HMAT Supply,   HMS Bounty,   HMS Victory,   Charles W. Morgan,   18' Cutter for HMS Vulture,   HMS Vulture,  HMS Vulture Cross-section,             18th Century Longboat in a Bottle 

Other Previous Builds : Le Mirage, Norske Love, King of the Mississippi

4 hours ago, Dan Vad said:

supplier of 1/200

Hey howya goin Danny mate, here go through this site pages they all have different kinds of railings.   :bird-vi:

http://freetimehobbies.com/free-time-hobbies/ship-store/1-200-scale/ship-accessories/rails/#/?Category0=Model+Kits&Customfieldscale=1%2F200&search_return=all 

and these pages

https://www.eduard.com/store/Ships-and-submarines/?cur=2#nextproducts

and here on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X1%2F200+PE+railing.TRS0&_nkw=1%2F200+PE+railing&_sacat=0

Some are 2 or 3 railings and some are posts where you run wire or brass rods through them.

I'm probably not going to live long enough to build all these but I'm BLOODY going to try HAHAHA.

Future Builds: The Schooner Bluenose, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (Gene Bodnar practicum - Plans from modelshipbuilder.com)

HMS Victory, scale 1:64 or 1:48, POF Scratch Build (John McKay's plans)

Current Builds: 42ft Longboat Armed for War 1834, scale 1:36 POF Scratch Build (Plans from A.N.C.R.E.) 

Galley Washington 1776, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (NRG's Plans)

Ragusian Carrack, scale 1:59, POB kit (MarisStella)

King of the Mississippi, scale 1:80, POB Kit (Artesania Latina)

HMS Snake 1797, 18 Gun Sloop of War, scale 1:64, POB Kit (Jotika/CalderCraft)

Current Build: Stage Coach 1848, scale 1:10, Kit (Artesania Latina) Shhh don't tell the Admins I'm building this I'll hide it here ^under this line^ so they don't see it HAHAHA.

Hey howya goin Danny mate, you may have to use US google.com not AU google.com.au to get more US search results to get to google.com just type in google.com and click Enter a search result for Google might come up or not if it does just click on it and at the bottm right corner of the page you will see (Use Google.com) click on it and you will goto US Google.com then you can search for 1/200 PE rails if the link to Google does not come up look at the bottom right corner of the page and (Use Google.com) should be there. Hope you can understand what I typed. If not PM me and I'll give you my phone number or you can not be so lazy and move down here to Vic. I often you other countrys google to get better results in that country like google.co.uk once in that countrys google or even Aussies google after typeing in something in the search engine under that search engine bar I click on Tools the click on Any Counrty then click on Country UK or for Aussie google Country Austarlia.:bird-vi:

I'm probably not going to live long enough to build all these but I'm BLOODY going to try HAHAHA.

Future Builds: The Schooner Bluenose, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (Gene Bodnar practicum - Plans from modelshipbuilder.com)

Current Builds: 42ft Longboat Armed for War 1834, scale 1:36 POF Scratch Build (Plans from A.N.C.R.E.) 

Current Build: Stage Coach 1848, scale 1:10, Kit (Artesania Latina) Shhh don't tell the Admins I'm building this I'll hide it here ^under this line^ so they don't see it HAHAHA.

1 hour ago, vossy said:

BNA Modelworld in Melbourne is my go to place

HAHAHA thats the one place I forgot to look at I buy most of my modelling stuff from them if I'm not getting it from Japan.   :bird-vi:

https://www.bnamodelworld.com/model-ships-boats-aftermarket-parts-for-ship-1:200?page=2

Thanks Eddie. I found exactly what I was looking for on your Ebay link - and it was only $9.99 with free shipping. That's half the price of the others I was looking at this morning :) . It's on it's way.

I've bookmarked the BNA site too.

Cheers, Danny

________________________________________________________________________________

Build Logs :   Norfolk Sloop  HMS Vulture - (TFFM)  HMS Vulture Cross-section  18 foot Cutter    Concord Stagecoach   18th Century Longboat in a BOTTLE 

CARD Model Build Logs :   Mosel   Sydney Opera House (Schreiber-Bogen)   WWII Mk. IX Spitfire (Halinski)  Rolls Royce Merlin Engine  Cape Byron Lighthouse (HMV)       Stug 40 (Halinski)    Yamaha MT-01   Yamaha YA-1  HMS Hood (Halinski)  Bismarck (GPM)  IJN Amatsukaze 1940 Destroyer (Halinski)   HMVS Cerberus   Mi24D Hind (Halinski)  Bulgar Steam Locomotive - (ModelikTanker and Beer Wagons (Modelik)  Flat Bed Wagon (Modelik)  Peterbuilt Semi Trailer  Fender Guitar  

Gallery : Norfolk Sloop,   HMAT Supply,   HMS Bounty,   HMS Victory,   Charles W. Morgan,   18' Cutter for HMS Vulture,   HMS Vulture,  HMS Vulture Cross-section,             18th Century Longboat in a Bottle 

As a suggestion Dan, the Eduard 1/350 railing set is actually 1/200, (I managed to prove this to Eduard but they didn't give a toss), it comes with individual stanchions with hooks and separate chain. PM me if you want some photos as I never used my set. 

Greg

Thanks Greg, but I've already ordered some off Ebay. From the plans the ship I'll be building has solid rails rather than chain.

Cover.jpg

Cheers, Danny

Hey howya goin Danny mate, wow card good luck with her.   :bird-vi: