Hello Group,

I want to introduce you to my good friend Bob Putnam of Rare Woods.  He just sent me an email regarding a nice supply of Boxwood.  This guy is first class - I have purchased a flitch of Swiss Pear from him along with some Ebony.  This wood is in larger dimensions than most of us need - but I have locally sourced milling operations to reduce my stock to our requirements for ship modeling.  Its a very cost effective way to have a good supply of quality wood.

Boxwood reply info sheet.pdf

Thanks, Chris.   I took a look and am impressed.  I've ordered from them before and they do have nice wood.   Have to go dig HMS Visa out of mothballs.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 3 weeks later...