Seizing a Served rope

I'm currently starting to make shrouds and have served a shroud line that needs to be seized to the mast. Once I wrap the seizing around the served line it will not "slide" up to the mast to make a tight fit. And I haven't even really tightened the seizing yet. Unlike seizing plain rope which allows the seizing to slide up to a block, a eyebolt, etc before fully tightening. Anyone have any tips/tricks/methods to get the seizing close to the mast on a served rope? 

You will need to find the size of the eye of the shroud off the model, apply the seizing in the correct place, then loop the shroud pair over the mast head, as in full-sized practice.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

Sili

Just a quick add on, note that Druxey mentions the "pair" of shrouds.  Be sure to follow the order of dressing the masts, that is pendant of the tackles, shrouds, swifter and finally the backstay.  If it is larger ship, it gets more complicated if there are standing and shifting backstays. The first pair of shrouds should be the forward starboard, at least on English ships.  If there are an odd number of shrouds, the single which is  a swifter  will have one leg port and one leg starboard with a cut splice connecting these two to form an eye to go over the mast head.  What ship are you rigging?

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

I have had some success adding the seizing to served lines but not tightening it. I could then carefully slide it into place with tweezers and tighten it then.