Reformed modeler from Mississippi USA

Bossman

A happy New Years to all. Thanks to one of your fellow modelers I have reopened the shipyard after many years. I was a member of Model Shipwrights and this previous site many years ago. Currently working on the Confederacy from Model Shipways. The talent I have seen on the current build logs is inspiring and daunting at the same time! 

I retired 2 years ago so now have the time to indulge in my hobbies of leatherwork, woodwork, 1/32 scale WWI aircraft and now sailing ships. That is when I am not taking care of horses and fishing. How did I ever find time for making a living. My past ship builds are the Royal Louis and Royal Caroline. I have forgotten the makers of these two kits. Also a scratch built Gunboat Philadelphia. 

Im looking forward to learning from this group and participating. All the best,

Mark “Bossman”

Current build: Model Shipways “Confederacy “

Completed builds:

Mamoli “Royal Louis“

Mantua “Royal Caroline”

Scratch 1/4 scale gondola “Philadelphia”

Scratch “Hannah” from Hahn plans. 

Mark,

Welcome to MSW and Happy New Building Year 

Glad to hear you have found us.

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Welcome to MSW.   Feel free to start a build log as it's a great way to get help and make friends.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thank you for the warm welcome folks! My sea bag is packed for the journey. The build log on the Confederacy has started. 

Edited by Bossman

Current build: Model Shipways “Confederacy “

Completed builds:

Mamoli “Royal Louis“

Mantua “Royal Caroline”

Scratch 1/4 scale gondola “Philadelphia”

Scratch “Hannah” from Hahn plans.